Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2020 11:41:23 PM EDT
I used a barrel from CDNN.  Friend filed the f2 and f3 back to me. The barrel I took off is a pencil colt barrel;  I'm going to cut it down to 1.5 and have a 733 clone made.  Picked up an A1 upper receiver to make it happen.  Short all the thangs

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Great looking rifle, terrible picture.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great looking rifle, terrible picture.
View Quote
Yeah, pic sucks.  I put a 20 round mag in it and it looks better.  Need to find someone to cut my pencil barrel.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:02:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Good taste. Go for an A1E1 reciever if you can.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:Need to find someone to cut my pencil barrel.
View Quote

Nice looking build.

You didn't ask but in regards to cutting your barrel, I had an excellent experience with Morgan at Class 3 Machining
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nice looking build.

You didn't ask but in regards to cutting your barrel, I had an excellent experience with Morgan at Class 3 Machining
View Quote
Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I need a late 733 build like a motherfucker.

A2 receivers and short pencil barrels make me hard.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the one I'm cutting.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Clean. Simple. Fun
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought an 11.5 inch Colt barrel off the EE. I came looking for inspiration. I have an A2 upper ready to go.

I'm still debating to brace it or SBR it.

If my understanding is correct, I can buy a stripped lower (new) & make it a pistol, but a lower that is or has been a rifle can never be a pistol?

A pistol can become a rifle, but that's it, it has to remain a rifle for the rest of its life?

I'd like to find a Colt lower that has never been built, but I understand that is hard to do. So I may have to go with a new lower (made by someone else.)

Beautiful rifle btw.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not exactly.

Once a rifle, always a rifle, is not true.
First a rifle, always a rifle, is.

If you initially build it as a pistol, you can go back and forth. You just don’t want to end up with an unregistered SBR during the change process.
View Quote

Ok. Cool. Thank you for the clarification.

Right now I don't have any unused lowers, so building an 11.5 inch upper is fine, as there is nothing to put it onto, as the upper is not considered a firearm, right?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I wouldn’t do it and post about it.

If you don’t have a legal configuration for it, don’t own it. If you already have another braced-lower, that would be a legal configuration. Doesn’t have anything to do with “unused” lowers.
View Quote

Gottcha. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#15]
One of my faves

Untitled by HD Rider, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#16]

I thought cutting down a pencil barrel was kind of a no-no because there is not way to get a proper shoulder on that skinny barrel? But I guess if it's going to be pinned and welded then it's not as big of a deal?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Deleted
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top