Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2018 3:49:34 PM EDT
Why is the flash hider blind pinned? (But not welded)  The 17 inch plus barrel length alone pushes it over a 26 inch OAL. Why would they bother if not required?

Black Tactical model, in excellent condition, I wouldn't dare say unfired, but it's close.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
They are imported.  Can't have a threaded muzzle on an imported firearm.  That's the 89 import ban at work.

ATF has determined that certain features designed for military application are indicative of non-sporting rifles and shotguns. Features which are not recognized as sporting include, but are not limited to, folding or telescoping stocks, pistol grips that protrude conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, a bayonet or bayonet mount, a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, a grenade launcher and night sights.

Leaving cold: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-ammunition-and-implements-war-import

ETA - I'm rolling eyes at the ATF, not you, to clarify.  There are FAL threads under that muzzle device if you drill out the pin.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, I was not aware these were as is imports. I'd have thought the threads and FH would have been equally bad.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Just like ARs during the bad years, a permanently attached brake doesn’t count as an evil flash hider or threaded barrel.

Be interesting to know how FN did the import process on them though. Complete guns, partial builds, blocked magwells, etc.

Kinda wish I would have gotten a second one when CDNN was blowing them out. Fun rifles, I think I prefer it to the Tavor.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be interesting to know how FN did the import process on them though. Complete guns, partial builds, blocked magwells, etc.
View Quote
Blocked magwells with a pin ala Scar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top