Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2018 2:32:46 PM EDT
Amazed that the USPS delivered this today. Came with 2 17rd magazines, sling, flip up sights, and a few B&T stickers and a B&T Velcro patch/badge . Similar to how they did the APC45 series off of the APC9 platform. They re-engraved a GHM9 lower to designate it “GHM45”.
The owner’s manuals weren’t printed yet so they will be mailed from B&T USA. The 1st release is supposedly going to be very small with a larger lot to follow. I also ordered the Silencerco B&T 3 lug adapter being that this is the same barrel on the APC45 and has a B&T propriety 3 lug. All in all, feels very solid and well made with absolutely no rattle or slop anywhere, not that I’d expect it being OEM suppliers for HK. Form 1 time.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats man... excellent addition to your B&T collection.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't know they had announced it yet, I will certainly add one of these to my collection.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Those little mags are slick...... any issues loading to capacity?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Wabostyle, you made me curious so I just loaded one to see if it had any issues and I got 17 rounds in it no problems. I just got it today and haven’t had a chance to run it yet. The 25rd magazines are currently back ordered every where, not that I’m in hurry to drop a Benjamin per magazine, but I’ve been buying HK magazines for years so the jump to $100 isn’t far.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet , I’ve been holding out for those . Where did you get yours ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I do have about 5k round of 45acp just laying around, sounds like justification for a new purchase.... how are the feed ramps? Any issue with hollow points?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet , I’ve been holding out for those . Where did you get yours ?
View Quote
Tar Heel State Firearms

https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=17_122&product_id=441

Scott is awesome to work with and lightning fast at responding and shipping.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I do have about 5k round of 45acp just laying around, sounds like justification for a new purchase.... how are the feed ramps? Any issue with hollow points?
View Quote
I just picked it up today and haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. Per B&T USA, all of their new guns have the upgraded feed ramps. I do have a new GHM9 Compact that cycles HP no problem.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wabostyle, you made me curious so I just loaded one to see if it had any issues and I got 17 rounds in it no problems. I just got it today and haven’t had a chance to run it yet. The 25rd magazines are currently back ordered every where, not that I’m in hurry to drop a Benjamin per magazine, but I’ve been buying HK magazines for years so the jump to $100 isn’t far.
View Quote
Good to hear..... correct me if im wrong, but you have an APC 9 AND a GHM 9 right? If so.... is it redundant? I understand collecting B&T but practically speaking, i have resisted a GHM 9, GHM 9 compact, and now the GHM 45 purchase till now because i have both the APC 9 and 45 (along with others....)
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I do have an APC9 and just recently got the GHM9 Compact, there is a degree of redundancy obviously but I got the Compact based on it being a limited release and potential “collectibility”, I did the same with the KH9 and P26. I’m a PCC fiend though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Just picked up my 2nd GHM9 yesterday and saw the GHM45 for the first time.......

I might just have to get the 45. I'd go broke shooting it though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#12]
What's the compatibility of parts with the GHM9?  I was interested in picking up a sliding brace adapter but from what I understand you replace the endcap assembly. Are the endcaps still the same?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What's the compatibility of parts with the GHM9?  I was interested in picking up a sliding brace adapter but from what I understand you replace the endcap assembly. Are the endcaps still the same?
View Quote
Same end cap, same stock. Indentical receiver bodies.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#14]
What's with the 17 round mags?  I figured it would have no problem with the 25 round mags the apc45 comes with.  A ghm45 compact would kill my wallet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#15]
It takes the 25rd magazines too. It just ships with two 17rd magazines.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Are all these B&T guns blowback?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe so.

They have hydraulic buffers though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes the all the PCC’s are blowback. The APC series of weapons  has a hydraulic buffer in the receivers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes the all the PCC’s are blowback. The APC series of weapons  has a hydraulic buffer in the receivers.
View Quote
Well so do the GHM’s. They have the buffer built into the bolt instead of the end cap like on the APC.

But both have hydraulic  buffers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well so do the GHM’s. They have the buffer built into the bolt instead of the end cap like on the APC.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

..You’re 100% correct they (APC & GHM) have hydraulic buffers. The P26, KH9 do not. Don’t know if no coffee or auto correct is to blame for that one. ..
I have both the GHM and APC and I find recoil about the same as my MP5.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:I have both the GHM and APC and I find recoil about the same as my MP5.
View Quote
Have you tried them side by side? I ask as just yesterday I was shocked at how smooth my Sp5k was compared to my APC9. Not that the APC9 is bad or anything, just that I never knew there was such a marked difference as I never shot them side by side before then.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Have you tried them side by side? I ask as just yesterday I was shocked at how smooth my Sp5k was compared to my APC9.
View Quote
Why is that surprising in any way at all?

Do you understand the operating mechanisms?

We can lie to each other all day on here and say "Smooooooooth!" but the plain truth is that all the B&T guns are dumb blowback- i.e. brick in a shoebox.

Any kind of delayed blowback that puts the gas down the bore instead of out the port and in your face (and then SMACK when the bolt hits the back of the receiver) is superior in terms of smoothness. It is superior when shooting suppressed also (obviously).

The only thing that dumb blowback guns do better is that they are low maintenance- 10,000 rounds later your big clunky piece of train track bolt is still going to weigh the same, and big heavy springs take a while to wear out.

If you have the technological know-how and the cash, delayed blowback is always the way to go... and even if you make a damn shiny and nice looking TEC-9, it won't hang with the nastiest looking POF MP5.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why is that surprising in any way at all?

Do you understand the operating mechanisms?
View Quote
1st, did you read the post immediately above mine, particularly the line I quoted?

Because in isolation, the APC9 feels like a very soft shooter.

Yes, I do.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Hk 94
Sig mpx
Hk sp89
AR 9 with 16 inch barrel
B&T GHM9
B&T apc9
Cz eco carbine
B&T p26
AR 9 with 8 inch barrel
Cz eco pistol sbr

This is the order in which I perceive recoil
In these firearms. All are either sbr or have pistol braces.  The cz pistol sbr is by far the harshest felt recoil, but oddly I can recover and be back on target as fast or faster than most of the other firearms.  Others will argue, but this how I see it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I also recently picked up a GHM45.  I've taken it out to the range twice and it has functioned flawlessly for several hundred rounds.  When sighting-in and shooting for accuracy (mostly first trip) I had consistent shot placement out to 25 yards (within 3", casual shooting with elbows on table, no flyers).  I've fired magazines rapidly (mostly second trip, between 2 and 5-ish shot strings) with no problems managing the recoil or sight picture (bouncing red dot with the longer strings and all rounds landed on the intended target).   I've had a few buddies try it and the consistent comment is that it didn't feel like shooting a .45 (I attribute this to the hydraulic buffer).  One of my buddies indicated that he intends to buy one.  I did install the HBI selector delete on the right side after the first trip as the selector dug into my skin.  The factory sights and MRO cowitness fine and the height works for me.  I haven't suppressed it as my .45 suppressors don't currently have properly dimensioned 3-lugs available (AAC or Gemtech).  I've used both 17 and 25-round magazines.  The spring tension on the 25-rounders is heavier than on the 17; they feed reliably and inspire confidence that B&T has corrected their prior mistake of installing the wrong spring.  I'm using a loader to avoid slicing my finger.  I'm debating whether to SBR it as the tailhook folder works great.

I've been really pleased with B&T.  I also have an APC223 and APC9SD (pending transfer).

Edit:  I added an Arisaka Defense low-profile finger/hand stop at the forward position of the bottom rail.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Out of curiosity, does it take .45 Super?
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#27]
battleshipgrey - The GHM45 doesn't support .45 Super.  Of course, someone could always get creative and find a way...
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#28]
That's too bad. Thanks for answering my question though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Old thread but I have also picked up a GHM45. Have fired about 400 rounds so far. Only one failure to eject when the gun was brand new. Runs hollowpoints like a champ!
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Old thread but I have also picked up a GHM45. Have fired about 400 rounds so far. Only one failure to eject when the gun was brand new. Runs hollowpoints like a champ!
View Quote
Glad to hear, mine eats anything I feed it as well. I got the Sico 3 lug adapter and an Obsidian 45 can that’s still stuck in the NFA paperwork swamp.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I run it with an Octane 45. It's considerably louder than a CMMG Guard in the same caliber with the same suppressor. Just can't defeat the physics of delayed vs straight blowback. That being said, the B&T is levels above in terms of quality and cool factor..
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Were did you read that the GHM9 compact was/is a limited release and do you know when they are going to stop selling them?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone compare the GHM45 to the CMMG Banshee in 45? Really trying to whittle down options for a PCC in 45.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone compare the GHM45 to the CMMG Banshee in 45? Really trying to whittle down options for a PCC in 45.
View Quote
Bump.  Have the same question.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#36]
do all GHM9 braces and stocks interchange with the GHM45?  Any word if SBT will make a UMP folding style stock for the GHM series?
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I just ordered one of these too. Hopefully will have it in-hand this week.

Is the muzzle tri-lug only, or does it also have the direct thread option, like the APC?

Anyone run a Ghost-M on this?
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Silencerco makes a 3 lug adapter for the B&T proprietary 3 lug. Tar Heel State Firearms stocks them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Silencerco makes a 3 lug adapter for the B&T proprietary 3 lug. Tar Heel State Firearms stocks them.
View Quote
Thanks. I can’t find it in stock anywhere, including the silencerco website. The part number is AC2448.

Anyone know where one of these might be available?
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Found one on Joe Bob Outfitters. Looks like I got the last one in America, because they are now sold out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#41]
You’re good to go now! you must be stocking up on B&Ts ..lol..saw your post regarding APC9SD and IM’d you, I have one
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You’re good to go now! you must be stocking up on B&Ts ..lol..saw your post regarding APC9SD and IM’d you, I have one
View Quote
FYI (and anyone else who might be interested)...

The APC45SD is apparently not configured the same way as the 9SD, with the ported barrel, since .45 ACP is typically subsonic already.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Will the be making a version of the lower to take Glock 21 mags?
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#44]
What is the official length of the GHM45? I am trying to SBR it, and I can't find a data sheet anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I don’t have my Form 1 in front of me, I can’t recall what OAL but 15.5in is what I found online. I put but I do know that the barrel length is 6.88in.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Ok thanks. I think that's about what I came up with.
Top Top