Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/7/2021 4:32:52 PM EDT
Here's to hoping this is the best $3,851.16 I've ever spent. Thanks to @TNVC_Will for taking the time to educate me and patiently answer my questions via phone and through instant message here on the forum. Super stoked!

NV helmet rig details so far...

On order:
+ Ops-Core Fast SF Carbon, Super High Cut, 499 Tan
+ Wilcox AN/PVS-14 Arm Mount with NVG On/Off Switch Interface, Black

On-hand:
+ Wilcox L4 G24 Breakaway NVG Mount, FDE
+ Peltor ComTac V, Single Comms, Coyote
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Very well done.  You got top notch stuff.  TNVC will always steer you right.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations sir..

And welcome to the TNVC club

Enjoy your wizard eye.

#filmless dually boy
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice. Thought about getting one or their top of the line but decided to get 2 OK 14s for duals.

You'll want 2/binos after about 8.7 weeks.

Unless you don't use NV that much
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd suggest grabbing a Crye Nightcap as well -- it's about the best non-helmet way of hanging NODs off your face, and works a treat under snivel gear.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd suggest grabbing a Crye Nightcap as well -- it's about the best non-helmet way of hanging NODs off your face, and works a treat under snivel gear.
View Quote

Thanks, but I do have an Ops Core helmet on order. It is slated to arrive well before the monocular is built and shipped.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks, but I do have an Ops Core helmet on order. It is slated to arrive well before the monocular is built and shipped.
View Quote

It's not an either-or, it's for different circumstances -- when it's cold or raining, or when you don't want to deal with the helmet, or when you need to pack light, the nightcap is worth every penny of the ~$65 and whatever you pay for a shroud. I've got an OpsCore and a nightcap and I use both quite frequently.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's not an either-or, it's for different circumstances -- when it's cold or raining, or when you don't want to deal with the helmet, or when you need to pack light, the nightcap is worth every penny of the ~$65 and whatever you pay for a shroud. I've got an OpsCore and a nightcap and I use both quite frequently.
View Quote

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense--especially for packing light.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's really an amazing piece of kit for the price. Make sure you get a decent shroud for it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A second on the night cap, I keep a PVS-14 and a night cap in a pelican 1150 case with my bugout bag. In case I have to ditch the truck and walk home from work. I work on a military post, so the chances are likely I won't be able to leave during daylight hours. I'd have to sneak out under cover of darkness.

I have a good setup for the -14 too. In the case, I have the nightcap, J-Arm, Rhino 2, a weapon mount, J-Arm, shuttered eyecup, regular eyecup. I keep the 14 in an Envis Case that holds 4 AA batteries. The Envis Case is perfect for the -14.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell yeah! My TNVC PVS14 shipped on Wednesday and should be here Monday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice! Share pics here if you can.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Did u get the 4d pads for the helmet?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a bro in the EE selling his for a deal, along with other stuff.

ssgbunny448
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the club.  Day 39 of the wait here, feels worse than waiting for a new suppressor.  Although I need to figure out and order my rig.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Were having a night shoot the 15th of this month. Have you checked out the group in the hometown forum yet? there's a little over a half dozen of us with nods going plus others with just white light. good way to check out peoples setups to see what you like best. if interested PM me and i'll get you the link or check in in the HTF
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did u get the 4d pads for the helmet?
View Quote

I got the 4d pads and they're an essential upgrade as far as I'm concerned. It's unreal how much more comfortable they are.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Were having a night shoot the 15th of this month. Have you checked out the group in the hometown forum yet? there's a little over a half dozen of us with nods going plus others with just white light. good way to check out peoples setups to see what you like best. if interested PM me and i'll get you the link or check in in the HTF
View Quote

Thanks! PM sent.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Best upgrade out there with the 4D pads!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the 4d pads and they're an essential upgrade as far as I'm concerned. It's unreal how much more comfortable they are.

Yup, for sure. I'll really get to test them out tomorrow when FedEx drops off the PVS14 you guys just sent me. Very impressed with the less than 4 month turn around time! Granted it's GP not WP but still I couldn't be more excited.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I like my nightcap a lot.  I like to jog at night under nods and will use mine!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File

Ended up with a pretty decent unit

Photocathode sensitivity- 2580
EBI- 1.5
SnR- 30.9
FOM- 1977

Minimal blemishes that aren't distracting. It's fun inside with the lights out but the real fun will be in September when the sun finally goes down!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Tomorrow will be one month in on my wait for a thin filmed WP PVS14 from TNVC. One day I'll find a hobby that requires less waiting and money .
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#28]
This is all part of a grander scheme to be able to shoot in the darkness...

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is all part of a grander scheme to be able to shoot in the darkness...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51173517758_e4eb77fa48_c.jpg
View Quote

Solid flex.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Splendid kit

And I sit here, antsy like a 7 year old leading up to Christmas ...

Helmet                 - check
Mount.                 - check
Earpro on helmet  - check
DBAL A3               - check

TNVC L3Harris thin filmed green phosphor in FDE ordered a month ago (anniversary present from wife), 20 weeks 16 weeks out

Clock and calendar moving so excruciatingly slow
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks guys!

This arrived today: Wilcox AN/PVS-14 Arm Mount with Off Switch (G02 model; per Augee in another thread, these were created at the request of police/SWAT vs. the standard G01s).

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#33]

congrats on the purchase! you got solid advice, and it's just a matter of time before you will want to add one for the wife/girlfriend because she will almost certainly take it from you. Then you'll have to get a second helmet, second set of hearing/comms, second set of ir lights, and you might as well get the nightcap too. You can't beat it for the money! I have 2 team Wendy helmets and a nightcap.
My wife and daughters love the nightcap, but the wife likes her helmet too. 4D pads are a must! There's nothing like going on a family walk or hike with nv.  I recently added a Litton gen 2 handheld monocular to the group of nods, and my 9 year old daughter loves it. It's what she uses when we go out walking.   Also, it's not uncommon for you to want to walk around the house, backyard, or to the mailbox with your helmet/nv on, so don't feel weird about it. You're not the only one.  We have a support group for you right here.

Congrats again! I'm excited for you! Don't forget, WE LIKE PICS!
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Splendid kit

And I sit here, antsy like a 7 year old leading up to Christmas ...

Helmet                 - check
Mount.                 - check
Earpro on helmet  - check
DBAL A3               - check

TNVC L3Harris thin filmed green phosphor in FDE ordered a month ago (anniversary present from wife), 20 weeks 16 weeks out

Clock and calendar moving so excruciatingly slow
View Quote

Great choice. Everyone seems to be going with WP but I am extremely happy with my new GP unit from TNVC. I did not request any minimum specs but still received a pretty good unit. I already added an amber filter and it helps the contrast a little bit. Mine shipped 5 days shy of 4 months from the day I ordered.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Congrats! I’m 4 weeks into a ~20 week wait for my BNVDs. I feel your pain! Might see you this Saturday if I can peel away from house guests for a few hours...

@AZ_SBR
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
Up until, you get hot and sweaty and it's below freezing. You take your helmet off, to cool off. You but it back on and it feels like rocks, until the pads start to defrost.

Congats OP!! Now sign up for some night training, it's a great time.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

When did you order it? I ordered mine Jan. 1 and I'm thinking it should be ready soon.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When did you order it? I ordered mine Jan. 1 and I'm thinking it should be ready soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ErikOR I ordered Jan 10th. Maybe if you ask @TNVC_Will nicely he might be able to give you a scheduled build date. Back in March he gave me a scheduled build date and sure enough it shipped the same day he said it was scheduled to be built. I ordered a TF GP and asked for no min specs so if you ordered a higher demand WP unit you might have different results than I did.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a unfilmed WP pvs I ordered Nov 6 it shipped about 3 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#41]
I ordered mine around the end of January along with Ops Core, mount, Steiner IR. I have everything except the unit. Can’t wait!

Edit: I have had a Gen2 D-300 for about 15 years. Still works well but after I took a look thru my nephews PVS-14, it was just a matter of time before I had to upgrade.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Agreed.
Up until, you get hot and sweaty and it's below freezing. You take your helmet off, to cool off. You but it back on and it feels like rocks, until the pads start to defrost.

Congats OP!! Now sign up for some night training, it's a great time.
View Quote

The 1st time this happened to me I thought my helmet broke or something
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

D300? A real blast from the past and at that time the only true export free unit.

Thank you for the business, and yes quite the upgrade from the D300!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered mine around the end of January along with Ops Core, mount, Steiner IR. I have everything except the unit. Can’t wait!

Edit: I have had a Gen2 D-300 for about 15 years. Still works well but after I took a look thru my nephews PVS-14, it was just a matter of time before I had to upgrade.

D300? A real blast from the past and at that time the only true export free unit.

Thank you for the business, and yes quite the upgrade from the D300!

Always a great experience buying from TNVC! Thank you.

As I recall, the majority of the Gen 2 tubes were purchased by a certain middle eastern country which made the price of the D300 jump up. I bought mine before that happened. It has performed pretty well and I’ve never had a problem out of it at all! But I’m looking forward to the Gen 3. I’ve got several of my carbine setups ready to go.

Again, thanks TNVC! You guys are awesome. When I ordered, I spoke with Will and he took the time to answer all my questions and was very helpful. I’m in sales myself so that was very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#46]
I ordered the same unit back in Feb.

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered the same Pvs14 as the Op yesterday. Had really good talk with Will At TNVC. He was super helpful .Now for the wait.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I ordered the same Pvs14 as the Op yesterday. Had really good talk with Will At TNVC. He was super helpful .Now for the wait.
View Quote

What do you plan on for a head mounted set up? Aiming?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I don’t really plan on using an aiming device at first. I have a thermal scope and scanner. My main purpose with the nod is for navigation while hunting . I’m currently researching helmets and mounts. Maybe going with a night cap and or a bump helmet to start.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top