Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2018 9:58:05 PM EDT
Wifey is going to Osaka for a few days. I'd love a piece of Japanese steel for the kitchen.  I've got a Shun chefs knife that handles the majority of my needs and a wufstof pairing knife for small work.  What would make a great addition to the stable from Osaka? I know there are several knife shops in the city with lots of options.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Deba and Usaba knives that both came out of Osaka.

Great vegetable knives.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Is Seki-City in Osaka? I can't remember...that's where you wanna go to find a sweet knife.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
A nice handmade katana would be nice.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I should have been more specific with the wife about what I wanted. She returned from the land of the rising sun with a Kyocera ceramic blade kitchen knife.  Not exactly sure hat I was hoping for.  I’m sure it will cut stuff just fine but it’s like going to France for cheese and buying Kraft singles.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sorry op but that is pretty funny. And definitely what my wife would have done.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top