Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2022 7:52:17 PM EDT
Does anyone have any idea what a James River M-14 is worth in nice condition?  I have one that’s literally doing nothing but taking up safe space that I’m  considering selling. If I do decide to do so I’ll list it on the EE, but these seemed like the right place to get an idea of its worth.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it a BULA made gun just with their name on it?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, And I have no idea. If it’s made by Bula I’m assuming that it would be marked as such somewhere. I’ll check it later today
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the BULA made guns are marked.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Bula don't made the complete rifle for JRA. Bula was or is the supplier of the receiver of later production JRA M14. Early production receivers were sourced from LRB and the other company I forget the name. Early JRA M14 may also use a lot of USGI surplus parts, including barrels. So really need to check each major parts (Receiver, bolt, Op Rod, Barrel, etc) to ID what you are looking at.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bula don't made the complete rifle for JRA. Bula was or is the supplier of the receiver of later production JRA M14. Early production receivers were sourced from LRB and the other company I forget the name. Early JRA M14 may also use a lot of USGI surplus parts, including barrels. So really need to check each major parts (Receiver, bolt, Op Rod, Barrel, etc) to ID what you are looking at.
View Quote

I’ve got to plead ignorance on this, but do you mean that each of the individual major components are marked?  I used an M-21 for a bit when I was in the service, but sourcing what is what on them is completely foreign to me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link below (p.381 to 396) of Lee Emerson's book provide known USGI M14 part contractors, which part(s) they made, and known markings used.
https://miamirifle-pistol.org/wp-content/uploads/M14-RHAD-Text-Only-Edition-100815.pdf

The text version is free. But if you are interested in a paper copy with some illustrations, you can buy the book from Amazon. Lee Emerson is well known in M14 collector community and his book covered most extensive M14 development, including commercial semi-auto M14/M1A manufacturers information/history. It probably don't have Bula in the book as the company is relatively young and the book was written before that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#8]
If it helps, my JR is numbered in the very low 600's.  The receiver is marked 'rock ola', the bbl is marked bula & chrome plated bore.   Receiver is further marked with the JRA logo & Bergaw on r/facing receiver rail....unable to post a photo.   Gun was bought new by me thru a friend ffl directly from the Bergaw location.....Parts, including bolt are H&R, stocks' u.s. g.i..

Value:  who the hell knows, gotta be close to two tho....................Incidentally the thing is an exceptionally accurate rifle...I shot competition   with match 14's in the service and this rifle would easily hold with them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a james river marked gun, which is BULA.. all of it. Bolt.. Reciever.. barrel.. etc.. So, yes they did.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top