Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2022 1:42:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman]
from here on arfcom

Originally Posted By Jman_JJE:
I am sending that on to legal and they will handle this, however, I want the focus of this thread to be on our upcoming H&R Retro line of AR-10, AR-15, M1 garand, M14, T48 etc
View Quote

Jman is Jamin of PSA parent company JJE.

No word on timing, but I figured I'd share here as he seems to be happy using arfcom to break news of upcoming projects. Most here might not have seen it. Seriously pumped at the prospect of another FAL manufacturer, though that would almost certainly be years from now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop...Just stop it already....I only have so much disposable income.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:03:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sinister] [#3]
HOLY SHIT this is proving to be a good day.

Once upon a time I was the duty officer at the United States Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School, home of the Special Forces Weapons NCO Qualification Course.  The job that day was a 100% hands and eyeballs-on serial number inventory.

A kind of heaven for a gun queer.

When it came to FALs there were a number of samples -- Belgian FNs, Canadian, and British.  What stopped me in my tracks were a number of legitimate original H&R T48s -- the only other time I had ever seen real ones was behind glass at the Smithsonian.

I own two H&R M1 Garands, one in the original GI 30-06, and a CMP overhaul in 7.62.

Come on PSA / H&R, you're on a roll!
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Well damn, I guess funding for work on the house will just have to wait.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tim01433:
Well damn, I guess funding for work on the house will just have to wait.
View Quote

From the tone of the discussion in the thread I linked, Mike and Jamin have it on their roadmap and nothing more. I'm assuming years away at best.

Still, nice to have hope for another FAL manufacturer eventually
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:30:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if they inherited all the H&R T48 drawing/blueprints & etc.

Please don't put any DSA parts in it.

H&R guys if you read this you should seriously consult with
Mark Graham at ARS on this T48 project if you want it right.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve been out of the gun game for a while. T48 would be cool to give my DSA FAL a sibling.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 10:41:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#8]
When I worked at Barrett, I went to Quantico to do a technical inspection on a bunch of 82A1A's. The guys in the Armory section showed me a rack of T48's. I just stared with my mouth hanging open. Some of them had never been fired.

Wonder who PSA will get to manufacture mags?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
When I worked at Barrett, I went to Quantico to do a technical inspection on a bunch of 82A1A's. The guys in the Armory section showed me a rack of T48's. I just stared with my mouth hanging open. Some of them had never been fired.

View Quote

There’s more than one rack of T48s there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 8:54:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Air_Soft_Contractor] [#10]
I have some early T48 magazines, but they are Belgian-made, not US-made.

The early ones are metric, with silver / bare metal colored followers.

I don't think it is hard chrome, but maybe or maybe not stainless steel.

I think the final, US-made T48 magazines are inch pattern, as the Canadian blueprints were used for the final versions, made in the US.

Before H&R, the early versions of the T48 were made in Belgium and the earliest were metric.

The Americans requested the long flash hider, due to the ball powder the US first used and right hand threads, so nobody got confused and damaged tleft hand threads.

The British weren't happy with the metric magazine and requested the inch magazine, with a larger front tab.

For the original inch pattern, besides being able to share parts, each country was supposed to design their own set of blueprints.

The US trials were too soon to get that done, so the already completed Canadian blueprints were used for US-made T48's.

Australia figured the expense of an even smaller country designing their own blueprints wasn't worth it and also used the Canadian blueprints.

The British wanted to tweak the blueprints a bit longer, to better suit their manufacturing and to beef up a few more weak areas and so the British blueprints were the last and ended up with a slightly different looking receiver.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Truchas:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Truchas:
Originally Posted By 50cal:

There once was someone who posted pictures of these.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#12]
With PSLs now laughably retailing for north of $2,200, M91s for north of $3,100 and DSA FALs north of $1,800 ( A bargain in comparison).  Who wants to guess what these might wear as an MSRP price tag?

In retrospect I feel pretty privileged to have scored one of the DSA  Israeli War Hammers for what,  $1,300?
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh the conundrum of bemoaning the lack of cool stuff available, and cursing when you DO see new cool stuff on the horizon.

I mean, do I NEED a 13th FAL?

Yes. Yes, I do.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#14]
By page 13 of that thread I finally pressed  " mike_nds " on the matter.

He replied it's basically years out wi other priorities 1st .

Still hope & waiting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#15]
There's an actual H&R T48 semi on GB right now.  Apparently one of eight known to exist.

Starting bid $250,000.   Item 926689268.  And he takes credit cards.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]
While I am excited at the prospect of a T48 clone, my enthusiasm is tempered by the fact I'm still waiting for that PSA AK-74 clone they promised me a few years ago.

(That said, with the current ammo situation, it's probably for the best PSA didn't deliver on their AK-74.)
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By EMSflyer:
I wonder if they inherited all the H&R T48 drawing/blueprints & etc.

Please don't put any DSA parts in it.

H&R guys if you read this you should seriously consult with
Mark Graham at ARS on this T48 project if you want it right.

View Quote

H&R had NO T48 prints in their archives, Both an Engineer and I at Remington were scanning in all the old prints in digital form and never ran across any!

Reising MG prints YES!  Maybe they'll make the Model 60 in semi auto?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top