Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2020 5:51:28 PM EDT
Customer orders online firearm worth $100

I’m the transfer ffl.

Customer let’s item sit for around 3+ months
Can never make it to do the transfer etc.
Customer ask if I cud “mail” it to him  NO
Customer then asks to meet at “grocery store” NO

So then finally asks if I would buy it. I agree to a set price. Mail him a check.
He flips out after like 4days.
Apprantly he didn’t receive it yet.
No idea on my end where it is. (Isn’t cashed)

He proceeds to call the original online seller
Starts a world of shit.
At this point firearm is already disposed of (sold)

Now original seller is trying to tell me it’s still customers since he hasn’t received a check/cashed etc
I told them it’s already sold and a civil matter between me and jackass

Of course online retailer is backing the customer.

So customer demands money or the firearm same day.

I told him sorry neither will happen until I investigate.

It’s pissing me off that after 3months jackass is making this much noise of all of a sudden

Any input ?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Cancel the check and send him a money order  via certified mail?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop check and make customer come sign receipt for gun.

Charge customer for stop check fee.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Send him a bill for storage $1.00 a day
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait, the guy he bought it from shipped it to you and he never got the check from the buyer? The guy who was the buyer accepted money from you (that he claims he never got) and now the original seller wants the gun back? Tell them both they better figure something out that does not involve you as you were simply the transfer agent. Sounds like 2 dumb asses you are dealing with!

WTS: I have a rifle sitting in my office for the last 2 years. The guy was cleared to buy a gun, then out of the blue  an old conviction for pot came up and then he was denied. His dad wanted to take possession then, but I would not allow it as it could have been construed as a straw sale. So there it sits.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Read again.

Sorry if a little confusing.

Jackass customer bought firearm from let’s say buds (not them)

Has it sent to me obviously for ffl transfer.

It’s just me and him.
I meant to say he went and complained to “buds” (not them) and they are stepping in asking for the check image and saying it’s still his gun blah blah. They wanna release themselves because the jackass customer is demanding a refund from them and I told them it’s between me and jackass.

Get it now?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I like this idea the best as that’s what was agreed.

Dumb people at the retailer are asking me to send them an “image” of the check from my bank.

How the fuck do you send an image of a check that’s yet to be cashed/deposited? Stupid ass people don’t get that. They want to see that so they can release themselves from this whole thing(which I understand)

But the jackass fuckface customer wants it both ways.

He’s threatening all sorts of police report blah blah and I told him do whatever the fuck you want. Because i did nothing wrong. How do you even file a police report for that? It’s a civil matter. Idiots.

“Yes hi I would like to file a report for a gun I bought and didn’t pickup, Yea the ffl dealer stole it from me”

It’s gonna play wonders when I hit him with the stop check fee and transfer fee. But only thing is I sold the gun already. The retailer wants to keep saying that’s the gun belongs to “him” that it’s still his blah blah.

Just to make it a pain in the ass. His “settled” amount he was gonna get is gonna be charged stop check fee and a transfer fee.

I’m so pissed that in 3-4 months he couldn’t make the time and kept putting it off and in ONE day he turned  it into this much bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’m so pissed that in 3-4 months he couldn’t make the time and kept putting it off and in ONE day he turned  it into this much bullshit.
View Quote
you have really made a mess for yourself over a $100 gun xfer.

1) Get clear policies on xfers, storage, abandoned firearms.
2) When you buy a gun, get a receipt.
3) Don't sell a gun till you have not done #2, and when you sell, get a receipt.
4) When doing business with non-business entities, do as much as possible FTF.

Something as simple as an abandoned property policy, could have avoided the whole mess.

Make this your lesson learned.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]
The entire thing had cluster f#$k from the get go, as soon as the buyer began making excuses and demands. I would have sent the gun back to the original seller, screw the buyer. Now you jumped into a big can of worms for $100.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
..............So then finally asks if I would buy it. I agree to a set price. Mail him a check.
He flips out after like 4days.
Apprantly he didn’t receive it yet.
No idea on my end where it is. (Isn’t cashed)........
View Quote

Was his agreement to sell in writing? Email? Text?
If not you screwed up.

Get his agreement in writing.

Then when you pay, whether check or money order..........send it Adult Signature Required.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Well it sounds like you are swimming the shit channel on this one, this one will plague for a while to come.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Was his agreement to sell in writing? Email? Text?
If not you screwed up.

Get his agreement in writing.

Then when you pay, whether check or money order..........send it Adult Signature Required.
View Quote
Yes I had it by text. ALL by text.

I always appreciate Dog and Renagades input. But guys I did nothing wrong.

I already have an abandoned procedure but the guy did keep in contact. If he straight disappeared for over a month then I would have abandoned it.  But he kept in contact and his contact was trying to make it in. Let me be clear. We are by appt only and I have it set to where ANY appt is ok with me during business hours.   As long as I get a head notice of an hour. Which he tried to setup many many times the day prior. But he never showed.

Today he like demands to be there etc. I wasn’t even in yet because business hours isn’t until 11am and he started going crazy at like 8am.

The thing is I have it by text him agreeing to sell/abandon to to me for the set amount.

He went ape shit after I didn’t respond to him “timely” in today’s 2hour span than be lost it.

If I had to guess. He was gonna be this way and wanted it to be on his terms and shit. But he already agreed to sell it to me because of the 3+ months of him not showing up.
Since I didn’t respond (I was at drs and like I said 8am we don’t open until 11am) he called the online retailer and started spewing shit saying that I didn’t
Allow him to pick it up etc which really pisses me off. The online retailer gets the whole story as I showed them the text. So they get that. But they keep asking for something to show it’s “paid “ I pretty much told them fuck you as that’s not possible yet. The dumbass customer didn’t even wait the 7-10 business days most businesses say to wait for a mailed item. I’m not saying that’s how long it will take but that’s just the normal wording etc. it’s actually 5business days tomo.

To make matters worse this idiot doesn’t realize he could not even pass Nics!

I already sent him my reply of either wait for the check or you need to pay all fees of stop payment, transfer fee and storage. Whatver is left from the original price u paid then you get from me.

Yeah I understand it’s only a $100 but I REALLY hate when people act this way over such simple shit. I mean fuck you think you got a leg to stand on after 3months and trying to ask me to “mail” or “meet” you somewhere.

Thanks for the advice guys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Dumb people at the retailer are asking me to send them an “image” of the check from my bank.

How the fuck do you send an image of a check that’s yet to be cashed/deposited? Stupid ass people don’t get that. They want to see that so they can release themselves from this whole thing(which I understand)

He’s threatening all sorts of police report blah blah and I told him do whatever the fuck you want. Because i did nothing wrong. How do you even file a police report for that? It’s a civil matter. Idiots.

“Yes hi I would like to file a report for a gun I bought and didn’t pickup, Yea the ffl dealer stole it from me”

It’s gonna play wonders when I hit him with the stop check fee and transfer fee. But only thing is I sold the gun already. The retailer wants to keep saying that’s the gun belongs to “him” that it’s still his blah blah.

Just to make it a pain in the ass. His “settled” amount he was gonna get is gonna be charged stop check fee and a transfer fee.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you manage to bring a constant flow of customer drama into your business?

You would have been better off to charge a storage fee.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How do you manage to bring a constant flow of customer drama into your business?
View Quote
Backpage ads bring Backpage customers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yea, I forgot about that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds to me like you sold an item you hadn't yet purchased.

"The check is in the mail" wouldn't satisfy me either.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sounds to me like you sold an item you hadn't yet purchased.

"The check is in the mail" wouldn't satisfy me either.
View Quote
my sentiments exactly
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dumb people at the retailer are asking me to send them an "image" of the check from my bank.

How the fuck do you send an image of a check that's yet to be cashed/deposited?
I think that's the point- you don't own the firearm until the agreed-upon money has changed hands, which didn't happen until the check is cashed/deposited.

Stupid ass people don't get that. They want to see that so they can release themselves from this whole thing(which I understand)

He's threatening all sorts of police report blah blah and I told him do whatever the fuck you want. Because i did nothing wrong.  How do you even file a police report for that? It's a civil matter. Idiots.

"Yes hi I would like to file a report for a gun I bought and didn't pickup, Yea the ffl dealer stole it from me"

Umm... That's exactly what happened. You sold an item that belonged to someone else and kept the proceeds. How is that not theft?

It's gonna play wonders when I hit him with the stop check fee and transfer fee. But only thing is I sold the gun already. The retailer wants to keep saying that's the gun belongs to "him" that it's still his blah blah.
Yeah, that's the problem. And the retailer is right.

Just to make it a pain in the ass. His "settled" amount he was gonna get is gonna be charged stop check fee and a transfer fee.

I'm so pissed that in 3-4 months he couldn't make the time and kept putting it off and in ONE day he turned  it into this much bullshit.
View Quote
You might want to step back and take a look at the situation from the eyes of literally anyone else. The customer, the retailer, your audience here, the police, etc... I don't think you have a clear perspective.

Would you let a customer take a gun home from your store on the assurance that they had mailed you a check, so it's all good?

Or would you insist that until you actually have the check in hand, that gun stays in the store because they don't yet own it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#18]
could also be holding the check to double up but if he didn’t get it what are you going to do?

Did you send it with tracking or signature required?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top