Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2018 11:08:18 PM EDT
https://goo.gl/images/wS1wPb

I wanted to do something like this battle warn white look and wondering if it can be done with rattle can?
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
How good are you with tape?
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Find someone who will print the design you want (in reverse) and use them as a template. The vinyl decals should be relatively inexpensive and I would get a couple extra and to some test runs first.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 12:44:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. I've done a few like it in cerakote but would still be the same in rattle can.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the  https://www.freedomstencils.com stencils. Thinking it would be a white base. Not sure how to get the black on the rifle like that to make it look like dirt or dust.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got the  https://www.freedomstencils.com stencils. Thinking it would be a white base. Not sure how to get the black on the rifle like that to make it look like dirt or dust.
View Quote
Make sure the white base is fully cured. Apply the black top coat thin then wait about 5 to 10 or when it is just past tacky and take rags and put oil on them (not much) and massage it in. It will look just like what you want. Do some testing on on an old a2 or something to get the hang of it. It is not hard.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me ask a dumb question, what type of oil would i use?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Honestly any. I use thin machine oil. If I think about it I will post some pics when I get to work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#8]
It does look too bad to do.  Of course the lower is a Spikes.  Just spray the rifle white and fill the writing with red.

The worn look, I think, could be done with a soft scotch brite pad rubbed softly until just the right amount of the black from underneath starts to show through.

After you get it looking like you want you will need to spray it with a clear flat to protect the pigmented surface.

The clear is a good protectant against most oils and cleaning solvents
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Here are some I did that way so you can see, some of these I used a greenie pad for a rougher look.

Link Posted: 12/27/2018 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]
These look absolutely amazing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top