Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2020 1:49:12 AM EDT
Alternatively, is there a dovetail adapter that sets a PVS 7 farther pack?

I can ALMOST get perfect eye position, but I want just a little farther rear, but my rearward adjustment is maxed out.

Any solutions to this?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Adjust your padding
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Not that I can think of. Only solution I can think of is to get one of the integrated wilcox shroud assemblies that sit closer to the helmet (G66, G69).
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Alternatively, is there a dovetail adapter that sets a PVS 7 farther pack?

I can ALMOST get perfect eye position, but I want just a little farther rear, but my rearward adjustment is maxed out.

Any solutions to this?
View Quote

How close are they to your face? I'm guessing you have them too close. It might feel a little weird at first, but you want them out far enough that you can wear eye pro under them. Also, if you hit something you won't smash them into your face. This also gives you better peripheral vision. When mine are on I can't see zone 3 in the tubes.. It will seem weird at first, but give it a try.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How close are they to your face? I'm guessing you have them too close. It might feel a little weird at first, but you want them out far enough that you can wear eye pro under them. Also, if you hit something you won't smash them into your face. This also gives you better peripheral vision. When mine are on I can't see zone 3 in the tubes.. It will seem weird at first, but give it a try.
View Quote

Bare mininimum you want two finger widths from your eye for eyeball safety.

I run my duals all the way out. Helps prevent fogging. It feels like youre seeing less but youre not.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bare mininimum you want two finger widths from your eye for eyeball safety.

I run my duals all the way out. Helps prevent fogging. It feels like youre seeing less but youre not.
View Quote

^^^ This ^^^
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

^^^ This ^^^
View Quote

Yep,

Also, the low profile mounts will get it closer to your face, but that is a little expensive.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Hm. I'll try it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top