Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 7/12/2023 8:27:21 AM EDT
I like the grip, size, balance, etc. of the full size Griptilian. Is there a knife that would be basically a fixed blade version of the Griptilian?
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I see a Carothers DEK1 or 2 in your future.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#3]
Pretty sure they make fixed griptilians.  At least used to, I'm scrounging online.

discontinued?  

YouTube review
benchmade model 151

Doug Ritter had one, I thought.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
There was a Doug Ritter version of the griptillian and Benchmade had a fixed model as well. It's now discontinued by BM.  I had one that was stolen and looked for a long time for a replacement but didn't find one for a reasonable price.  The same knife is now made by Hogue.  Great Knife!
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Esee-3?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks again.  It never even occurred to me to search for "fixed blade Griptilian".  

Rivers Edge Cutlery is on the other side of Columbus from me, I'll stop in and check these suggestions and anything they would recommend.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Shoot Doug a note, he's actually quite responsive. Hogue is making his RSK folder and ask if he's planning on having them make a fixed blade version as well...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ROCK6:
Shoot Doug a note, he's actually quite responsive. Hogue is making his RSK folder and ask if he's planning on having them make a fixed blade version as well...

ROCK6
View Quote

This one at knife works is just that.  Thanks

https://knifeworks.com/doug-rittet-survival-knife-55186-exlrsk-rsk-fixed-blade-4-5-drop-point-blade-tumbled-finish-black-g10-solid-black-scales/

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top