Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2023 3:35:18 PM EDT
and is it the 1.75" Esstac enhanced shooters belt?

I have a cobbled together padded belt setup with molle and surplus stuff. . . and I'm looking for something less floppy(like a Velcro inner/outer belt) to shoot on some land, do some drills, and occasionally shoot some local matches with.

I've read a bunch of the warbelt thread, and haven't really been able to nail down what to go with. It seems everyone makes a belt. I'm a poor with kids so the Esstac price isn't too bad.

thoughts?

im thinking that I'll be mounting stuff with onewrap.
2 pistol mags, 1 rifle, small Ifak, tq, small dump, and a Safariland holster

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd argue the folks at AWS make the "Glock 19" of war belts.

If you're going with OneWrap, their $65 LAB belt is incredible.  If you need some molle, check out their SMU.

AXL's Eclipse might be worth checking out as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I too am a poor with kids. I felt the Esstac belt was the best bang for the buck.

I’m all in to this setup, not including pistol of course, for around $230:

Esstac Enhanced Shooter’s Belt
Esstac Double gap 2011 pistol pouch
Esstac Double mid rifle mag pouch
Esstac dump pouch
Esstac GP pouch
Safariland 578 GLS holster
Safariland QUBL belt adapter
Safariland QLS kit
Generic HK style hook to hang gloves
Mechanix gloves

A couple of things to note…you could save a few bucks by going with the standard Esstac belt and a single rifle mag pouch or even a double pistol single mag pouch combo. Either save the cash or put the savings towards other gear.

I snagged all the Safariland stuff for less than $75 off Amazon shopping warehouse returns. A good amount of Safariland stuff gets marked down quite a bit here and there. So far all my stuff has been authentic, but I make sure what I buy is sold and shipped by Amazon.

Also full disclosure, the dump and GP pouches were freebies and I still need to pick up an IFAK, at which point the GP pouch will probably end up on my plate carrier.

ETA:

All attached with one wrap of course.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Bang-for-the-buck, it is difficult to beat the belts from Gadsden Dynamics:

https://gadsdendynamics.com/war-belt/

https://gadsdendynamics.com/enhanced-war-belt/

Incredibly lightweight as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd argue the folks at AWS make the "Glock 19" of war belts.

If you're going with OneWrap, their $65 LAB belt is incredible.  If you need some molle, check out their SMU.

AXL's Eclipse might be worth checking out as well.
View Quote

I have an SMU and love it. Wore daily for close to 2 years now, with one wrap for the molle attachments. Its not stiff like some belts, which I like. My inner belt is a HSGI 'better inner belt' which works great for me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Question asked and answered in the OP.  Asstec is besstec

ETA: and yes, onewrap is part of my religion
View Quote

I concur. Love the Esstac belt and Onewrap.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I also like the AWS belt system. Damn good gear for the money.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#10]
@Inimicalone

nice. Ive been skimming their site on a lab belt.

I have that 'roo med pouch too. What is that wide pouch you have? And are the molle panels worth it, or can you make do with onewrap?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#11]
The molle panels make for a rock solid mounting platform.
One wrap is probably pretty close, but I doubt it's quit as stiff.
The wide pouch is a blue force gear triple mag ten speed.
It's great for carrying mags, but not so awesome when re-indexing mags.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#12]
AWS lab belt ordered a few days ago! Thanks to those who suggested it. The more I looked around, the more I noticed that quite a bit of people were using either the LAB or the SMU, I almost went with the SMU, but couldn't really tell if I would need the added features so I went with the lab for now.

I did pick up a slim molle panel and a regular molle panel to play around with.

I'll update this thread once it comes in and I go through my pouches and see what I can put together without having to buy much.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
AWS lab belt ordered a few days ago! Thanks to those who suggested it. The more I looked around, the more I noticed that quite a bit of people were using either the LAB or the SMU, I almost went with the SMU, but couldn't really tell if I would need the added features so I went with the lab for now.
View Quote

Great choice. I’ve had mine for over 3 years now as my first and only overt belt. I’ve crawled thru dirt with it on, hiked with it, and use it almost every time I’m on the range. It’s continued to hold up flawlessly. No real degradation of the Velcro hook or loop so far.

The only reason I’d ever change is for cosmetic reasons (I own a black belt but I’m an FDE boi at heart)
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm really feeling the GBRS GROUP Assaulter Belt System V2
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Yup, best bang for the buck, and the make the higher marked up Ronin belt.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 1:53:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm a fan. The poster above was right. The molle panels are rock solid. I had an old Safariland fork holster molle adapter thing, and it's so solid on that, idk if I'll get it out again.

still playing with Ifak & location, as well as tq location. But this seemed to work well for a few hours spent shooting and riding dirtbike to reset targets. It was put together with what I had in the parts bin. There are some upgrades I would like, but I've learned to just use stuff first, and go from there. Any questions let me know.

AWS is top notch to deal with btw.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 3:23:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Can't go wrong with EssTac
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I concur. Love the Esstac belt and Onewrap.
View Quote

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top