User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you follow any of the FAL groups on Facebook or listen to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, then you will quickly find out that the issue is not with just steel cased ammo. More specifically, the issue is with TULAMMO .308. I personally had TULAMMO KB on the second round in my FAL. Blew the bottom out of my magazine. Rifle was a new build that headspaced perfectly before and after the KB.

I have fired near 1000 rounds of steel cased Wolf and over 1000 rounds of various brass cased ammo through my rifle with no issues. Second round of TULAMMO  was a KB.

Bottom line is, most steel or brass cased ammo is fine. TULAMMO is NOT OK.
View Quote
Yep, as I mentioned above, as well as many other members here also mentioned, it seems like it is Tulammo that is the issue.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If anything, steel case ammo is under powered.  There are inherent differences in how brass vs steel expands and contracts in the chamber but this has little to do with the probability of a KB.

If you shoot steel case ammo, clean your chamber regularly and inspect your extractor for wear.

I've fired 10s of thousands of rounds of Wolf over the years through some very expensive guns without any problems.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top