Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2022 9:52:22 PM EDT
The difference between these tubes and aliexpress's monocore is that the single core is not fully drilled, can anyone tell me if this is legal?

https://kmtactical.net/product-category/default-category/accessories/solvent-traps/

The kmwhisper blog called the incomplete drilled tube a risky
https://kmwhisper.com/blogs/news/solvent-trap
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't order it online, but without all the holes drilled, I might pay cash f2f if I already had an approved Form 1 and was willing to play the "reasonable doubt" card if ever questioned.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Some merchants will add plastic tubes or end caps sealed at one end to the single-core to cover up the fact that the holes are fully drilled, the alphabet boy still shut down the website
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno, but I've got a pile of useless Chinese Shit masquerading as AR parts that all came from KM Tactical, so it's possible the feds looked at the rest of the shit they sell and figured nobody could make anything functional out of any of it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
With the verbiage from their last letter, I wouldn't risk it.
Clearly not a "solvent trap" or "fuel filter". What other purpose does it have (w/in ATF's plausible reasoning)?

Thing is a turd anyway, compared to what's out there.
Don't risk fed time or freedoms for $200.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
With what is going on with Diversified machine right now, I wouldn't want to put my name on that list.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
All "legalities" aside, that would make a garbage suppressor .....
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]
ATF charged someone in PNW a couple years ago for a similar kit from Aliexpress, a fully drilled monomore with a tube, center marked endcap.  They dropped the case when the person hired a lawyer.   I wouldn't buy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
As of 2/21/22 not legal, ATF states they are silencers, every part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top