Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2021 2:45:42 PM EDT
I need to load up on a few, from the searches I've seen back to 2019 (last I bought was probably 16-17) they dont seem to be showing up much
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say to keep an eye at local gun shows and your local forums. That's the only place I've found them at a decent price. I even had people throw them in on Sten mag lots.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Grease gun mags have really dried up the past couple years and prices have risen accordingly.

Unless you want to dig through bins at gunshows trying to find an old timer who is not up to date on latest pricing, they are going to cost you at least double vs. what you previously paid.

I recently bought some Grease Gun mags from Numrich.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1365590

They are expensive but they were new in the wax paper wrap as advertised so won't require any work on your part to clean off cosmoline, remove rust, and/or refinish them.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grease gun mags have really dried up the past couple years and prices have risen accordingly.

Unless you want to dig through bins at gunshows trying to find an old timer who is not up to date on latest pricing, they are going to cost you at least double vs. what you previously paid.

I recently bought some Grease Gun mags from Numrich.  

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1365590

They are expensive but they were new in the wax paper wrap as advertised so won't require any work on your part to clean off cosmoline, remove rust, and/or refinish them.

Hope this helps.
View Quote

For sure, thanks, I'm going to get a few just so I don't regret it. I think they were $29 when I used to get them, everything seems to be around double now
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Just picked up 10 NOS guide lamp  gg mags on GB two weeks ago for 25 each.
Check completed auctions.

Have around 60 or so for my 1972 Ingram M10

I also have a pile of the Keepshooting mags from when they would sell them for 14.95 each.
Pretty sure KS have been OOS for a very long time though and don't run the sale even when they had them the last year or so.

The KS mags are thinner metal then the USGI guide lamp mags but work just as well in my M10 and GG lower for the UZI.

The numrich price for NIW gg mags is about right now days.
But if you look you can still find them for decent prices.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just picked up 10 NOS guide lamp  gg mags on GB two weeks ago for 25 each.
Check completed auctions.

Have around 60 or so for my 1972 Ingram M10

I also have a pile of the Keepshooting mags from when they would sell them for 14.95 each.
Pretty sure KS have been OOS for a very long time though and don't run the sale even when they had them the last year or so.

The KS mags are thinner metal then the USGI guide lamp mags but work just as well in my M10 and GG lower for the UZI.

The numrich price for NIW gg mags is about right now days.
But if you look you can still find them for decent prices.
View Quote

Whats NOS? New old stock? And are guide lamp gg mags supposed to be the "best"? I've never had any issues with the keepshooting ones (like you said) but I dont plan on selling my m10 ever so I'd prefer quality mags

I filed down a bunch of my gg mags before Lage's dual mag catch but I need more anyway
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]
NOS

is new old stock yes

i've played with a lot of GG mags

If you can try to get the blued grease gun magazines, there are a fair bit easier to load in my opinion than the Parkerisd Mags.

there is nothing more fun than opening the aluminized paper, then getting down to the reinforced wax paper then finally getting your magazine dated 1960 something lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes NOS = new old stock.

The KS mags seem decent they are south Korean made but work well.
Used to be cheap but KS never stocks them anymore. And they were the sole contractor importer of them.

Unfortunately like all surplus it's no longer is surplus so all the 3 and 5 dollar mags are gone and all the 20 and 60 guns are gone.

New gun owners missed all the above its now surplus is collectable and collectable starts out at 1200 and up entry level.

GG mags, the midway m1 carbines, and those dumpster barrel nagant rifles, just to name a few.

Anywho
I too prefer the blued GG mags over the parked ones. They seem to fit my mag well better be it the KS or GI mags.

Ironically i only have one OEM GG mag that has the cobrey logo on it,  it was purchased off of fleabay back when you could still sell that stuff there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NOS

is new old stock yes

i've played with a lot of GG mags

If you can try to get the blued grease gun magazines, there are a fair bit easier to load in my opinion than the Parkerisd Mags.

there is nothing more fun than opening the aluminized paper, then getting down to the reinforced wax paper then finally getting your magazine dated 1960 something lol
View Quote

Anyone thats held mags that long deserves the $60 lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
edit
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Anyone thats held mags that long deserves the $60 lol
View Quote

60 bucks for a GG mag now! Holy crap! I'm sitting on a fortune of them! Luckily I have something that uses them.

I've heard poor things about KS mags. A buddy got one of their Walther repops for the M10/9 and said it didn't feed at all and felt like it was made of paper with poor workmanship.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

60 bucks for a GG mag now! Holy crap! I'm sitting on a fortune of them! Luckily I have something that uses them.

I've heard poor things about KS mags. A buddy got one of their Walther repops for the M10/9 and said it didn't feed at all and felt like it was made of paper with poor workmanship.
View Quote

I dont need 100, I'd like maybe 10, but thats still rough. Glad I posted this though cause I would have waited for KS mags, I ordered a few of the nicer ones to compare.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I dont need 100, I'd like maybe 10, but thats still rough. Glad I posted this though cause I would have waited for KS mags, I ordered a few of the nicer ones to compare.
View Quote

While I like the KS gg mags
They have been OOS for years I'd not wait around for them.
No idea on the QC of their other offerings.

10 NIW GG mags are probably under 600 bux for 10 of them.
M10 45 acp transferables are pushing 8k on the low end nothing special JAWS guns.
So 600 is nothing in the grand scheme of transferable MG's
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#13]
just endless hoarding...  how many people are still doing AR15s or USC conversions that use grease gun mags these days, close to zero I suppose.  no new full auto MACs being made.   I guess a few semis are still being made.

And the mags are near indestructible, how is demand pushing these things up to $60.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#14]
MGs can be hard on mags. They cycle the springs quite well. Better to have a dozen or so mags than try to replace springs all the time.

I personally have 38 GG mags. They are all fitted for my gun and I've run almost all of them but the half dozen that are NIW as spares. It's only a about 1100rnds of ammo if I load each one once. That's a fun few minutes on the firing line with friends and demos.

It's all perspective.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Bought 40 NOS guide lamp for 17.00 a piece.............In 1983
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top