Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2018 10:52:03 PM EDT
I am ~5'6" and medium build (medium polo or t-shirt). I have heard people argue over the older H-cross being better than the newer X-cross across your back. My shoulders aren't overly muscled if that matters.

Perhaps I should consider a different model or brand? I am open to suggestions. I'm not an operator on a two-range or prepper / mall ninja so I want something practical, durable, quality, etc. that will serve me well. Primarily, I need a few extra rifle mags and space for a flashlight, spare pistol mag and, suppressor. A place for a mid-sized fixed blade and a protein bar would be nice. I don't want to haul everything and the kitchen sink with me though.

Basically, I need a lightweight compact chest rig that will hold enough rounds of varied types to shoot coyotes and aggressive 'pets' and feral hogs without getting in the way opening gates, barns, going through a barb wire fence and similar activities. If I could add some capacity in the off chance I go to a rifle class, if I could repurpose my chest rig, that would be nice. While I do not currently own body armor, I plan on getting a Crye JPC 2.0 with armor at some point in the future.

While price is important, it is not the most important thing. The most expensive piece of equipment I will ever buy is the one I don't use or just plain does not work for me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I went back and forth between the Haley and the Spiritus Micro. I got the micro and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Haley first gen I mostly use with my issue carrier. When I use it as a stand-alone chest rig I prefer the newer x style harness (it originally came with the H style). I am a thinner guy with a endurance athlete build, I find x style to maintain more even tension and can run the rig higher as I prefer that. I find the more modern compact rigs work better if you actually wear them up on your chest. Especially since I am running a supplementary dangler Ifak and belt system with additional gear, I get less interference and it is easier to access the rig while behind cover and in prone.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you!  Both posts are really helpful to me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the modularity of the micro, and the size. I use mine mostly for low vis.

I haven't directly seen them side by side but the Haley looked to have a larger footprint.

I'm happy enough with spiritus' harness, only complaint is i wish I could find a more effective quick don procedure with it.

Running it on my PC I'd had no issues.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I had the original D3CR and didn’t care for the two GP pouches as they were just too small and could never find a purpose for the Stuff-It.  I went with the Modified Mayflower Gen IV Placard and made it into a chest rig.

Recently have been thinking about a grey chest rig and considered the new D3 and the Spiritus and if I pull the trigger will probably go Spiritus.  If the D3 had a pouch layout like the Heavy it’d be a no brained to me, I don’t run pistol mags on my chest rig so having four spots for them is a waste for me.

I’ve had both H style and X style straps and prefer the H but I’m 6’1” and about 195.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
If price is an issue MDC (russia) makes a copy of the d3crx and the heavy version with different camo patterns availableRussian tactical gear sells them in eBay. Price is about $80-100 less than the real ones.

Link

They are reportedly good quality and have been used by the Russian dudes in Syria.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top