Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2024 11:42:37 PM EDT
I've got a parts drawer H-bar upper I'm putting together and was entertianing the idea of jamming an M5 on there.  Been a decade or more since I've laid hands on one though, so I don't really remember how they interface with the barrel behind the FSB or what max barrel diameter they will accomodate.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible without major mods involved?  I do have a mil and lathe, but would rather not have to resort to butchery to make this happen.  If it's going to be a major project I'll probably not bother.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on a Armalite Hbar that works fine
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Lacking formal tooling, one can wrap emory cloth around a section of wooden dowel and "sand" that interior radius of the front spacer till it fit the barrels OD.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:21:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DRF] [#3]
@coldblue

Off topic, but do you have any history to share regarding this KAC sight? Whatever you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

DRF

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the clarification gents.  Sems like cutting some relief (if even needed) should be pretty straight foreward.

I'll just have to keep an eye out for an M5 to pop up now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]
WOW! That's close to a "one of a kind." I saw one of these at KAC in Vero Beach about 1992-1993 before I was hired. At the time I was doing research on small arms technology as an analyst for the Radian Corp. in DC after retiring from the Marine Corps in 1991. I don't think Reed built any quantities of this module because once I came to work for him in November 1994, I never saw another one for the next 16 years+ while I was employed at KAC. That research effort, along with several others, were summed up in a formal delivered to the Marine Corps by Radian titled "M16A2 Service Rifle Enhancement Study Matrix" published March 31, 1994. On page 74-4 of that study, my Corel Draw rendering (from my memory of that KAC prototype I had seen years earlier) is illustrated as a Modular Iron Sight "concept" option among others, including dedicated rifle mounted red-dot and low-power optical sights. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top