Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2020 12:28:36 PM EDT
Does anyone have problems with them? I’ve tried 7 times to send my C&R FFL and I always get a email saying they need a FFL to complete my purchase. But they already have taken the money out of my account.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had good luck with them, but I was buying new guns, not surplus and had them sent to an existing FFL that was on their pre-approved list.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I had problem with them but put it out on their Facebook page and they fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
no issues with them after multiple firearms purchased through them.  I have my C&R on file, there is a little tab on their website to upload a C&R FFL...pretty straight forward
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The stupidity of some online retailers never ceases to amaze me. Do they think we ignore bad and unfavorable reviews such as this?
Am I going to rush just to buy from them after reading the bull shit they accept as normal business?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/7841B4D2-2206-4180-A098-822E5C118FA9-1063398.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/E90C80C4-972D-47C2-AE1A-009B714CD96D-1063397.jpg

HELL NO

I ordered a Beretta in Very good + condition from them.  the one they sent me was covered in fine rust and feckling, it even smelled of rusty mildew.  When I refused, they charged me a $40 restocking fee because their warehouse guy said it was "as described"

I will never do business with them if I can avoid it.

View Quote

I've had good luck with them but that is some low grade shit. Dang...
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Those guys are awesome. The only company that's better in my opinion is Cheaper than dirt!
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I keep entering their giveaways and haven't won yet. Other than that I've had no dealings with them. Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Multiple purchases from them, all perfect.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does anyone have problems with them? I've tried 7 times to send my C&R FFL and I always get a email saying they need a FFL to complete my purchase. But they already have taken the money out of my account.
View Quote
Out of curiosity, what are you trying to purchase from them?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
no issues with them after multiple firearms purchased through them.  I have my C&R on file, there is a little tab on their website to upload a C&R FFL...pretty straight forward
View Quote

I’ve tried this several times and they always say it didn’t work!
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ve purchased multiple items from them including rifles, pistols, parts and ammunition over the years without a problem. I used to have a C&R license which they shipped to without any problem.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Your pistol doesn’t look very good plus condition.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Your pistol doesn’t look very good plus condition.
View Quote

When all they have is rusty junk then it is nice.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Them getting a large portion of the surplus market has ruined the C&R market in a lot of ways. They are just one of those businesses that is just toxic with how they do things. It would be cool if AIM could up its game and push them the fuck out of the C&R market by getting a larger portion of the surplus and try and take away the James River and IO stuff they get with some exclusivity contracts or something.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Was a much more reputable firm before Bend Over bought it IMO.  I make rare purchases with them when I have to but they are not my first choice.  I've never been a fan of the bait and switch tactic of a good advertised price and then getting whacked on the shipping markup.  AIM usually is my first choice and SOG used to be as well.  I'm glad I didn't bite on the Beretta.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I've used them twice and both times were bad experiences. Never again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Apparently I've been lucky.
I've ordered from them 4 times since 2018, and never had a problem. Most recently, I ordered one of the Beretta 81s and a couple of extra mags. They shipped promptly with no issues, and the gun and mags are in great shape, damn near brand new.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 5:53:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Apparently I've been lucky.
I've ordered from them 4 times since 2018, and never had a problem. Most recently, I ordered one of the Beretta 81s and a couple of extra mags. They shipped promptly with no issues, and the gun and mags are in great shape, damn near brand new.
View Quote

I've had mixed luck as well.  They sent me a very rusty and pitted Beretta 81 - which was probably well below their grading - but I posted a pic and a POSITIVE review on their website and they took it down!  Clearly they were Afraid of the picture would show the  true range of very good - I drlled the dice in surplus but editing out truthful respectful reviews is bad business. I do occasionally still buy but not first choice
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've had mixed luck as well.  They sent me a very rusty and pitted Beretta 81 - which was probably well below their grading - but I posted a pic and a POSITIVE review on their website and they took it down!  Clearly they were Afraid of the picture would show the  true range of very good - I drlled the dice in surplus but editing out truthful respectful reviews is bad business. I do occasionally still buy but not first choice
View Quote
You can leave a google review and they can not edit that. Go to google maps and look at reviews from there
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought AK mags from them. Everything went smooth. That’s the only business I’ve done with them though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I ordered 2 SKS rifles from them April 1st. They took the money out of my bank account the same day. I have the C&R FFL and emailed that to them over 10 times. They have asked time after time for it. I’ve emailed, faxed, and even mailed a copy of it. I asked for my money back and nothing. I keep getting the email from them asking for my FFL. WTF that place sucks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does anyone have problems with them? I’ve tried 7 times to send my C&R FFL and I always get a email saying they need a FFL to complete my purchase. But they already have taken the money out of my account.
View Quote

They're local and a buddy of mine now works in their analytics and marketing department. Doesnt kknow anything about guns, but is wanting to learn. He said the guys on their Instagram videos are assholes, and dont seem to know guns either. The way they touted that double barrel AR15 in their giveaway makes me question their legitimacy. They are local though and the few FFL items I've bought were fine and went to the place they have a deal with.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well I ordered 2 SKS rifles from them April 1st. They took the money out of my bank account the same day. I have the C&R FFL and emailed that to them over 10 times. They have asked time after time for it. I’ve emailed, faxed, and even mailed a copy of it. I asked for my money back and nothing. I keep getting the email from them asking for my FFL. WTF that place sucks.
View Quote

Same. I gave up. Oh well
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#26]
They are doing a huge disservice to new collectors just getting into the hobby. They have made up new grading descriptions they call “turn in” condition which is a huge load of BS. They need to grade their guns in the established NRA scale, and just about everything they sell is in the fair-good range.

You can get way more for your money by buying from trusted forum members and Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I finally got my money back. So now I’m deleting my account and never going back....
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I swore off buying from them ever again after the Beretta 81 debacle, got my money back with no problem. Then they had a rifle I've been wanting(NEW) and the price
was stupid cheap so I  took a leap of faith, ordered it April 8 and I'm picking it up at my dealer today(15th) so the wait time was reasonable considering the current
worldwide situation. I would and never will order a used firearm from them regardless.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Bought a barrel from them once.  Took forever to get it shipped to me, it seemed.  Slower than anyone else I've every ordered parts from.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#31]
How the hell do I delete my account from them?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How the hell do I delete my account from them?
View Quote

I don’t think you can online.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Is this the place in NC that says they are Christian owned?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I've ordered 2 guns from them & it went fine both times.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/7841B4D2-2206-4180-A098-822E5C118FA9-1063398.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/E90C80C4-972D-47C2-AE1A-009B714CD96D-1063397.jpg

HELL NO

I ordered a Beretta in Very good + condition from them.  the one they sent me was covered in fine rust and feckling, it even smelled of rusty mildew.  When I refused, they charged me a $40 restocking fee because their warehouse guy said it was "as described"

I will never do business with them if I can avoid it.

View Quote

Is there a "Literally fell off the back of a truck" grade?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#36]
I ordered an SMLE from them and paid for hand select.  Looked absolutely nothing like the picture and certainly did not fit the description.  I will not order a used gun from them again.  Other than that, the process was smooth and I wouldnt hesitate to order a new gun from them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I have bought many thing from them.

They just have aggressive marketing.

One of the nice things about their vids, is that you really get to see what you are getting.  Just don't rely on their information.  Check out stuff for yourself.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I've ordered many things from them
Back in the old days and current
Never had any issues
And all the C&R stuff I've ever purchased was always as described

When you log into your account there is a tab to upload your FFL or C&R
To your account
Then at checkout theres a tab to click on your FFL to add it to the checkout order
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#39]
<----FFL who has had at least a thousand transfers from Classic over the last eleven and a half years.

The overwhelming majority of buyers have been satisfied with their purchase from Classic. I can't think of a single one that refused to accept the gun.
Usually, instead of saying "It's worse than I expected" they say "It's better than I expected".

And there have been some ugly assed, rusty, rotted wood guns come through. But the buyer knew this was the condition when he bought them.

That Beretta 81 up above? Never should have left the warehouse. Classic should be ashamed to call that Very Good.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#40]
I've always had good success with them; however, their grading system is typically one step (or 2) below what they claim.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They are doing a huge disservice to new collectors just getting into the hobby. They have made up new grading descriptions they call “turn in” condition which is a huge load of BS. They need to grade their guns in the established NRA scale, and just about everything they sell is in the fair-good range.

You can get way more for your money by buying from trusted forum members and Gunbroker.
View Quote

They suck. Big time.
Southern Ohio Gun back in the day would bitch slap them.
Look at their return policy: YOU CAN’T!
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They suck. Big time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They suck. Big time.

Uh, more like the lack of inventory bitch slapped SOG right out of business.
SOG was notorious for mailing out the tabloid style catalog that was basically an ad for product they had sold out of six weeks before.

Look at their return policy: YOU CAN’T!  

YOU CAN!
How can I return an item to Classic Firearms?
Please email [email protected] to initiate an RMA.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I had done business with them for 10+ years. They sent a different firearm Different upc and I had to suck it up (our of stock everywhere)They basically told me to get stuffed
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Lately they’ve been terrible. It took almost a month to ship my ammo order and when it got here is was short two boxes of ammo out of ten.
They aren’t answering phones or even listing a phone number. Customer service email has gone unanswered for 5 days now.
They took 20 days to ship a pistol to my FFL too.
I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Just received a pistol that I ordered from them and again I have no complaint.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I have ordered 5ish guns from them, new and used, and it has been hassle free and fast each time. Gun's always were as described. I recommend them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top