Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2024 6:42:07 PM EDT
I just bought  it  at an auction and of course it doesn’t  power on.
I’m trying to figure out how to reach the tube to check if it powers on at all, so I hope somebody has some experience with it. It s obviously an older model - does anybody know anything about it?
Google didn’t return anything at all.

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:01:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GripnAK47s] [#1]
Can you see thru it while off?

Unscrew the ends and post pics of the tube if there is one.

It looks like the old Dark Invader and Owl stuff. They were made in all kinds of configurations. Gen 2, Gen 3, fat anvis etc
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You can’t see through it when it’s off, there’s definitely a tube in there.
This is its front facing the front lens

And this is the rear

The thing is that I can’t find a way to get to it, there are no notches in the front or rear retaining rings to unscrew them, and there are no screws to detach  the control box with the batteries and and reach the wires and the switch.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The white screen tells me Gen 2.

@DTSBlackout will know by looking at it.

Just looking at it, for the tube to come out ...would have to come apart here or both.

Im sure you did, but did you make sure the battery contacts are in good shape?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The contacts look ok, no corrosion or signs of leaks,  it uses 2 weird ni-cell batteries.

I tried to unscrew both ends by hand but none budged, is there any chance that the threads are reversed?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:24:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Likely epoxied threads unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn, I just found those old posts that mention the epoxy.
I guess the box with the battery compartment and the switch is also glued to the body, there are no visible screws.
Weird design.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:14:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mah827] [#7]
Maybe a heat gun to soften up the glue? I recently saw one of these for sale with the owners manual included. I will see if I can find it and get a copy of the manual. Maybe it will be helpful.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ll really appreciate it if you can do that.
I emailed BE Meyers since their voicemail was full, maybe they’ll shed some light on it too.
I just checked it’s IR light with another night vision I have and it doesn’t come on when the switch is turned on “IR”, my guess is that the switch is the culprit.
Unfortunately the only way to get to it is to detach the box it’s in, and the only options are to cut it open or melt the glue with a heat gun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I was able to get the seller to send me photos of the manual. PM me your email address and I will send you the photos.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GripnAK47s:
The white screen tells me Gen 2.

@DTSBlackout will know by looking at it.

Just looking at it, for the tube to come out ...would have to come apart here or both.

http://i.imgur.com/N4vO0UQl.jpg

Im sure you did, but did you make sure the battery contacts are in good shape?
View Quote

You were right, it was the contacts!
They didn’t show any signs of corrosion and I assumed that they were ok, but after I twisted the batteries a bit it came on!
I used a small file to clean them good and now it works fine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Fltot:

You were right, it was the contacts!
They didn’t show any signs of corrosion and I assumed that they were ok, but after I twisted the batteries a bit it came on!
I used a small file to clean them good and now it works fine.
View Quote

Nice! How's the image?

How much did you pay?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:01:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fltot] [#12]
The image is great, it’s on par with my pvs-7,  the only small problem is that the rear eyepiece doesn’t have a focusing ring.
Only the front lens can be focused and I cannot get a very sharp picture with this setup.
All my other night vision monoculars have had a way to adjust the front and the rear optical elements, this is the first one that only allows you to adjust the front lens.
It’s not a big deal, it’s pretty good as it is, but it has the potential to be a really great monocular if I can find an adjustable eyepiece that has a 1.6” thread to replace the original one.
I paid $30 for it, it was a steal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I was given a Nite Aid w a Litton in it and ended up putting it in a pitbull housing.

Ended up getting a second Litton NiteMate in the same housing but different branding.
If you need a housing to test that with I put one of mine up for sale a while back.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Fltot:
The image is great, it’s on par with my pvs-7,  the only small problem is that the rear eyepiece doesn’t have a focusing ring.
Only the front lens can be focused and I cannot get a very sharp picture with this setup.
All my other night vision monoculars have had a way to adjust the front and the rear optical elements, this is the first one that only allows you to adjust the front lens.
It’s not a big deal, it’s pretty good as it is, but it has the potential to be a really great monocular if I can find an adjustable eyepiece that has a 1.6” thread to replace the original one.
I paid $30 for it, it was a steal.
View Quote

Freaking outstanding. $30! Nice work.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Great price. That’s good news it was something really simple to fix.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:58:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fltot] [#16]
I really got lucky with this one, it was a gamble that paid off.
I’m starting another thread on another one I got that’s also giving me problems, a pvs-22.
Top Top