Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2019 6:55:43 AM EDT
When filing as an individual your SSN is optional.  Just curious how many are submitting with or w/o their SSN and those that have not submitted their SSN did you experience a delay.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#1]
With SSN, they know where I live, what I look like, and they have my finger prints. I’m not too worried about my SSN.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With SSN, they know where I live, what I look like, and they have my finger prints. I'm not too worried about my SSN.
View Quote
Same here. With all the info on the form, I've got nothing to hide.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much how I felt so I submitted mine with my SSN.   But the form noted delays w/o this information.  I can't imagine it takes them more than 5 minutes to get your #.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I never put my SSN down when I did mine and they all got approved fine. But I do see the point that others have made about the ATF having the rest of your info, but again it says optional so if it's optional I don't fill it out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I never put my SSN on my ATF forms or on 4473s. Never had a problem even when I lived in a state with NICS check (vs. CCW).

I think SSN is helpful if you get a NICS denial which may be based on mistaken identity, otherwise skip it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When filing as an individual your SSN is optional.  Just curious how many are submitting with or w/o their SSN and those that have not submitted their SSN did you experience a delay.
View Quote
I never give my SSN to anyone who does not need it. Has no effect on NFA process speed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top