Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2022 10:42:43 AM EDT
I bought a couple Indian drill rifles. The only thing I see that has been done to demill them is a hole drilled through the receiver/chamber and a pin inserted and tacked on one side. The bolts are complete and have not been modified.
While I wouldn’t trust the receivers enough to just rebarrel them in .303, I was thinking of .45acp.  I would think that with the relatively low chamber pressure of the .45acp it would probably be a safe conversion.
Thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a couple Indian drill rifles. The only thing I see that has been done to demill them is a hole drilled through the receiver/chamber and a pin inserted and tacked on one side. The bolts are complete and have not been modified.
While I wouldn't trust the receivers enough to just rebarrel them in .303, I was thinking of .45acp.  I would think that with the relatively low chamber pressure of the .45acp it would probably be a safe conversion.
Thoughts on this?
View Quote
zero issue doing so.  The original DeLisle had the 45ACP chamber set back in about the middle of the receiver because the bolt was shortened and the receiver modified.  It's also a lower pressured round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top