Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2021 10:51:36 AM EDT
Hungover stream of conscious thread deleted.

Going back to bed. Lol.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Like Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey....

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey....

View Quote

You’re not wrong

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Wut.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I say we keep the thread going just on principle.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I say we keep the thread going just on principle.
View Quote

Yeah. He shouldn't have deleted the OP. If he didn't preserve it somewhere, it's gone... It was, interesting and had a certain je ne sais quoi (That's right! I said it! je ne sais quoi... Don't know if it's even in the right context, but whatev) GUNS

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah. I just figured it would have actually been deleted so that was done to minimize the derp until it got chucked.

I don’t guess I ever read the rules around that so sorry that I screwed that up too
I had seen other dummies do something similar along the way and assumed that’s how t worked

The best part is that I think it was a question or advice thread but there wasn’t a question posed.

Fire away!
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Huh?
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the original post was fair, just interestingly worded, hence the "Jack Handey" lob.

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok ok,

Question was supposed to be :

If the reason you wanted an Xcr over an AR was because of a non reciprocating charging handle, folding stock and piston,
Is buying a superlative piston kit, law folder and gibbz side charging upper ghetto or not? Assuming you already have an AR to hack on.

They all seem like pretty proven parts, but at some point I’d think you should just buy what you wanted in the first place.

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Law folder doesn't let you shoot with the stock folded. If I'm getting a side folder, I want full functionality.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Law folder doesn't let you shoot with the stock folded. If I'm getting a side folder, I want full functionality.
View Quote
Bingo.  The BRN-180 upper does peak my interest for this ability, as does the "hopefully soon to be released Foxtrot Mike upper.

I'm guessing the thread went the typical way of all XCR threads.  Robinson is a choadmonster supreme who thinks his stuff is indestructible and the best thing since JMB was designing firearms.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bingo.  The BRN-180 upper does peak my interest for this ability, as does the "hopefully soon to be released Foxtrot Mike upper.

I'm guessing the thread went the typical way of all XCR threads.  Robinson is a choadmonster supreme who thinks his stuff is indestructible and the best thing since JMB was designing firearms.
View Quote

I can't speak on Mr. Robinson personally but the gun he designed is fantastic. I've had a decent experience in dealing with the company overall and response from CS has been swift... Although it takes awhile to actually get the end product.

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I can't speak on Mr. Robinson personally but the gun he designed is fantastic. I've had a decent experience in dealing with the company overall and response from CS has been swift... Although it takes awhile to actually get the end product.

View Quote
Yeah his platform really is quite well designed. Most people seem to have a beef with him or CS from the sounds of it. Frankly if I see one at a decent price I'd be hard pressed to resist buying it. I've wanted one for a really long time. Just never had a chance to pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Mr. Robinson has his personal whatevers but the platform, IMHO, is well engineered and lovely. I have two, and also AK's and AR's and I've owned ACRs and SCARs too.

I REALLY like the XCR, and honestly he's run his business in the same way I would have in this political environment. he sells every gun he makes, he probably operates fully in the black, and while I've had some issue getting parts on a TIMELINE, I have never had a problem getting spares/etc.

Also it's sexy as hell don't pretend it aint:

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top