Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2021 3:27:43 PM EDT
So I had my first experience with IWI Customer Service today.
Honestly, I’m pretty disappointed and left with a bit of WTF.

Here is the situation. I’ll try to be brief but specific.
So I’m cleaning up my X95. I haven’t shot it in a bit and didn’t clean it all up from last time I shot. Do a field strip. Clean up everything. Assemble.
Rack the bolt several times then do some bolt lock backs, with an empty mag, and bolt drops using the bolt release.
I feel a small piece of metal hit my arm. Investigate everything and come to find that the barrel lock piece broke somehow. See picture.

Now listen, I have never messed with this rifle aside from changing the grip.
Never touched the barrel lock or assembly; don’t even own the barrel lock tool.

Obviously I’m concerned about this breaking.
I call IWI CS and send pictures, the same as below, and explain the situation. I’m put on hold while he reviews.
He comes back and says it’s not their problem/not a warranty issue. Implies I broke it by messing with the barrel lock; which I didn’t.
I ask why it’s not a warranty issue. He said it’s out of warranty; only 5yr warranty.
I said I bought it in 2017 but he still said it’s too old and not a warranty issue.

Ok, so how much is the replacement part(s) and I’ll figure it out on my own.
He said the parts are $40 +tax/ship and I’ll also need a barrel tool for $15; you know the same tool I supposedly used to break my rifle to begin with.
None the less, the parts are out of stock anyways so it doesn’t matter.

At this point I’m frustrated but calm; I used to work CS and I treat reps well.
He puts me on hold again then comes back to say (here is where the WTF comes into play)
that I shouldn’t worry about the broken part because over in Israel, when the IDF get their rifles, they purposely break off the little locking tab
so the barrels can be changed faster/easier; the part is just overkill.

Ummm… what…?

Look, I don’t know if that’s true or whatever.
Maybe I’m just being an ass about this whole thing but, look, I paid $2k for this rifle and I guess I just expected a better experience.

I’m sure some of you will just flame me saying I did something but I can assure you I did not. I know my way around firearms and have for years.
It is in my opinion that something wasn’t right to begin with, it broke, and IWI doesn’t want to take ownership.
That’s fine if you disagree but I just wanted to share my experience.

Sorry for the length of my post.

What it should look like (not my images)

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't be happy with that.

Call back and see if you can get a different rep on the line.  If not, post on their social media pages and see if the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't be happy with that.

Call back and see if you can get a different rep on the line.  If not, post on their social media pages and see if the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
View Quote

This.  There's no excuse for them not fixing the rifle and giving you such a BS brushoff.  It doesn't matter what the IDF does, *YOUR* rifle has a broken part and under warranty they are obligated to fix it (so long as you didn't cause the issue, which you didn't).  I would give them one more chance to do the right thing and then, if they don't, as you end the call explain that you're going public with the issue and that you gave them a second chance.  Then hang up.  Insure they have your phone # and wait half an hour.  If they don't call back, then they deserve to reap what they've sown.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm my iwi customer service experience is a little better then yours. Called because two lugs on the bolt on my tavor 7 were chipped. They told me I have to send the whole rifle into them to get fixed. Send it to them in the nice factory box with the laser cut padded foam. Hear nothing for two weeks. I call them and they can’t tell me if my rifle is even there or not. Call again a week later and they said it will ship back to me next day. Ask what was wrong and what they did to fix it. They couldn’t tell me that ether. Said paper work would be in the box. Get the box from them and it’s just thrown in a random box with a little bit of bubble wrap around it. Not my nice original box I sent it in. No paperwork.
Looks like they just replaced the bolt and sent it back. New bolt is starting to wear exactly like the old one did. So I guess nothing was “fixed”.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yikes… I mean, at least you were allowed to send your rifle in!

Honestly, reading your story and some other stories from forums and the BBB, I’d just want them to send me the parts and I’ll take care of it.
Not sure I can even trust their service.

Quoted:
Hmmm my iwi customer service experience is a little better then yours. Called because two lugs on the bolt on my tavor 7 were chipped. They told me I have to send the whole rifle into them to get fixed. Send it to them in the nice factory box with the laser cut padded foam. Hear nothing for two weeks. I call them and they can’t tell me if my rifle is even there or not. Call again a week later and they said it will ship back to me next day. Ask what was wrong and what they did to fix it. They couldn’t tell me that ether. Said paper work would be in the box. Get the box from them and it’s just thrown in a random box with a little bit of bubble wrap around it. Not my nice original box I sent it in. No paperwork.
Looks like they just replaced the bolt and sent it back. New bolt is starting to wear exactly like the old one did. So I guess nothing was “fixed”.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]
It's been known that IWI doesn't have the greatest CS. I tried out the Tavor and the X95 when those were first introduced but I still prefered the AUG, hence I didn't own them for very long.
I did get two of their ZION rifles, but unfortunately (even though the handguard is a CMT) IWI decided to use a proprietary barrel nut, for which they do not sell the wrench.
I decided to trade those two in for an additional AUG
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I’d be kinda pissy about that.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I sent mine in they were pretty upfront that if I sent it in a case they would send it back in a box so don’t send a case or any accessories in. Still sent in a cheaper hard box to avoid other damage. Mine cost 300 to fix I think, but it’s been awhile. That said the box vs case issue was in the paperwork. That said the time was almost twice what was quoted.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I just wish I got my damn box back. Now if I ever decide to sell it I don’t have its box it goes in.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When I sent mine in they were pretty upfront that if I sent it in a case they would send it back in a box so don’t send a case or any accessories in. Still sent in a cheaper hard box to avoid other damage. Mine cost 300 to fix I think, but it’s been awhile. That said the box vs case issue was in the paperwork. That said the time was almost twice what was quoted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent it in the factory cardboard box with the form fitting laser cut foam. Wasn’t anything fancy. It came back in a random box with one layer of bubble wrap. Box was over sized so it would rattle around quite a bit.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Hit up Jeremy Gresham, he’s the Director of Sales and Marketing at IWI US. Never had any problems with IMI/IWI customer service. You can usually find him on the Facebook Galil/x95 pages. And on this forum occasionally. Super good guy to deal with and should be able to get you sorted out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Goodwill goes a long way. A forty dollar part to you doesn't cost them forty dollars. I figure, there are 3 possibilities: you broke it unknowingly (something hit it in just the right way), it was defective from the get go or damaged by the tech who assembled the gun, or you are lying. Either way, it's not worth the hurt feelings of the customer. I think a better solution could have been found. Too often people look for a reason to say no. Look for a reason to say yes. I own multiples of several different guns. A good experience can mean more sales, a bad experience can mean many no sales when posted online.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's been known that IWI doesn't have the greatest CS.
View Quote

This doesn't surprise me as their sales team pretty was far, far less than mediocre whenever I've interacted with them.  They rather BS among themselves than interact with potential customers who have questions about their products...and this is in their own backyard of Harrisburg.  I really want to like IWI; I think they have intriguing products, but each time I've been present to ask them questions I've been ignored.  When it comes to product quality, CS, and Tech support, a company can exist if any one of the three is sub par; just look at how MSAR limped along.  But with two being less than good...it's name and nationality.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you so much for the suggestion.
I sent him a message to see his opinion on the situation.

Quoted:
Hit up Jeremy Gresham, he’s the Director of Sales and Marketing at IWI US. Never had any problems with IMI/IWI customer service. You can usually find him on the Facebook Galil/x95 pages. And on this forum occasionally. Super good guy to deal with and should be able to get you sorted out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#15]
That sucks, IWI has always had great CS for the few times I needed them. Hope it gets sorted out for you.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I’d like to know where this is “known”. The amount of positive feedback I get about my CS crushes any negative.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you for the kind words man. Always here!
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#18]
When was this you speak to and where? What event?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Replied to both man.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When was this you speak to and where? What event?
View Quote

If you're asking about my experiences, it's been at every Great American Outdoor Show since ~2014.  Once is a fluke.  Twice is annoying, after three times it's a pattern.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Sure thing. I always got good service.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We you running it suppressed any reasons given to why the bolt chipped?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We you running it suppressed any reasons given to why the bolt chipped?

I run it suppressed about 98% of the time. But I always use the suppressed setting. If I take the suppressor off and not change the gas back to normal it short strokes. So the regulator is doing its job right.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#24]
The tab that is broken is a common piece that a lot of people break when taking their rifles apart. Its usually a part that is on back order too. That's how many people break them.

Go to Facebook and joint he IWI Owners group. A lot of great guys there and a lot of them work for IWI. I bet within an hour you will have one if not a few of the guys that work there telling you to message them and they will get your rifle fixed and ready to go. Its a good group and a lot of knowledge.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Go to Facebook and joint he IWI Owners group. A lot of great guys there and a lot of them work for IWI. I bet within an hour you will have one if not a few of the guys that work there telling you to message them and they will get your rifle fixed and ready to go. Its a good group and a lot of knowledge.
View Quote

This shouldn't be necessary.  If they can't do it when a customer calls them directly, but can do it "back channel", then either their CS policies are defective or they're not doing their job when they take the call and instead like to look like the hero on social media.  I've done CS pretty much for the past 30+ years in one form or another, and if any of my people pulled a stunt like that, they'd be in my office standing tall and doing some explaining.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sounds like maybe the Tavor is too sensitive to suppressors I know the scar is as well ,
View Quote

Ive only shot two mags from my x95 without a suppressor when I first got it and was waiting on an asr f/h
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Well I cannot speak to anything really before 2018 when I got here to run the ship.

Quoted:

If you're asking about my experiences, it's been at every Great American Outdoor Show since ~2014.  Once is a fluke.  Twice is annoying, after three times it's a pattern.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Pretty much 99% of the time when this is broken it is because someone was trying to pull the barrel like you said.

Quoted:
The tab that is broken is a common piece that a lot of people break when taking their rifles apart. Its usually a part that is on back order too. That's how many people break them.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2021 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pretty much 99% of the time when this is broken it is because someone was trying to pull the barrel like you said.

View Quote

Who cares? If people are breaking it, it's a design flaw that IWI needs to address. You guys should be fixing these without back talk. You don't come across as very professional here, if indeed you're the head of CS.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Update

I’ve been issued a call tag and RMA to return the rifle.
I’ll update as things progress but the email I got said repair estimate is 4+ weeks.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Who cares? If people are breaking it, it's a design flaw that IWI needs to address. You guys should be fixing these without back talk. You don't come across as very professional here, if indeed you're the head of CS.
View Quote

Well said.  If it's a known issue, why is the OP being given such a hassle to get it fixed?
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Glad IWI is getting your broken barrel locking pin cover plate issue sorted out. I have the IDF armorers manual, I can assure you, no where in it does it say break off tab to allow for quick barrel changes. LOL
The tab probably got a stress fracture at the factory during manufacturing or assembly then just popped off. It’s a cast pot metal or MIM part, it happens. I’m sure it will be good to go once you get it back, wipe it down, and lube it up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Jeremy walked me through assembling my Masada when I disassembled it incorrectly. He's a great guy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Update!

I received my x95 back.
It was returned in the same box I sent it in - the OEM box.
The broken part was fixed free of charge.
I am pleased it was fixed but also sad that I had to contact someone so high up to get it corrected.
None the less, it is fixed and I wanted to thank Jeremy for all his help!

Thanks again, Jeremy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top