BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Ordered with "Nitemail" discount code.  Hopefully my buddies will order something too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Was out hunting last night and grabbed y'all a quick video of the 4 settings on the NU05 MI.

Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ordered with "Nitemail" discount code.  Hopefully my buddies will order something too.
View Quote
I should have done this, just got mine off Ebay
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Bucky145
Thanks for that . I just used the code and ordered the red/white strobe to have another visible marker for my pooch. White is the brightest visible option at 35 lumens. Less than $18 bucks shipped is worth trying.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang for that price I'll give it a try. I wish they offered the Unity Spark in IR.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks for the code. Ordered one for grins.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the code. Ordered one for grins.
View Quote
Snagged 2 NiteCores. Figure for that price? Worth trying.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dang for that price I'll give it a try. I wish they offered the Unity Spark in IR.
View Quote
They need to come out with one that can be recharged though
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have several of the ms2000’s.  I bought a bunch of them like new off of the EE several years ago for me and my friends.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a 6 on one helmet and it is awesome but recently picked up a Helstar 4 and I'm pretty happy with it.  It's not as fancy with it's functions but battery life is night and day different.  Also have some Phoenix Jr's and a couple MS2000's as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I need to send them a message. My cap is broken and my helmet has never even been dropped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Helstar 6 is awesome. I have one of those and a Manta. Both are good, but the Manta is a little brighter. I used to like the Helstar a lot better because the plastic cap on the Mantas sucked, but it looks like they are coming with metal caps now. I actually contacted S&S Precision about it and they sent me a metal cap for free.

TLDR: Helstar 6 and S&S Precision Manta are both great strobes.
I need to send them a message. My cap is broken and my helmet has never even been dropped.
Sent them a message and got a reply within 20 min!

They’re sending a replacement.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sent them a message and got a reply within 20 min!

They’re sending a replacement.
View Quote
Cool deal.

Mine's cracked like everyone else's but still works. I was going to email them but didn't want to seem like a freeloader. However, seeing how they're still replacing them, I just contacted them as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I
Quoted:

View Quote
I snagged one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#14]
i grabbed one of the nitecores as well.  i also grabbed 3 of the CR123 batteries.  so with the code and free shipping over $25, i paid $26.XX total.  not bad.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Got them today. Very small. Charging now.

Very cool. Tempted to sell my “cool guy” strobes (1 Manta, one HelStar6) and just get a couple more of these.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Got them today. Very small. Charging now.

Very cool. Tempted to sell my “cool guy” strobes (1 Manta, one HelStar6) and just get a couple more of these.
View Quote
The little things a pretty freaken nice, huh? I need to get a couple more.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the VIP.  Not the best looking thing out there but it’s indestructible and EASY. Four settings and all you do is rotate the top of it to turn it on and go through the different settings.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The little things a pretty freaken nice, huh? I need to get a couple more.
View Quote
We used them last night.

Green lights up the freaking world and is unusable worn on the back. Maybe on the head it would be better if pointed more vertical.
IR is perfect is the only way I can put it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We used them last night.

Green lights up the freaking world and is unusable worn on the back. Maybe on the head it would be better if pointed more vertical.
IR is perfect is the only way I can put it.
View Quote
Last night match I was at I notice the guys running the NU05 were really bright(green)
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Last night match I was at I notice the guys running the NU05 were really bright(green)
View Quote
We just used green Chem lights and they didn't bloom out the nods. The green on the strobe lit up trees 20yds away.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anybody have an opinion on the S&S V-lite? Looking at that and the Nitecore. Here’s what I can tell:

V-lite:
-appears to be more low profile
-120 hour battery life. Not rechargeable and no batteries. Throw away once it dies

Nitecore:
-bulky
-20 hour battery life but it is rechargeable
View Quote
I have a V-lite IR strobe-on-off that I keep on my helmet.

I don't use it unless the MS2000 on the front of my carrier dies. I also stick 2 IR chemsticks in the webbing on my back.

If someone is under nods, they could see from a 1/4 mile!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you guys saying the green was too bright for EYES, or too bright through the NVG?
I can see the value of bright IR and of bright green, but I'm not sure they would both need to run "bright" at the same time since green alone can be seen with or without NVG.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you guys saying the green was too bright for EYES, or too bright through the NVG?
I can see the value of bright IR and of bright green, but I'm not sure they would both need to run "bright" at the same time since green alone can be seen with or without NVG.
View Quote
The green for nvgs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The green for nvgs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The green for nvgs.
Possibly stupid question, but if everyone is wearing NVGs, why would you be running visible green strobes?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:00:25 AM EDT
[#25]
A layer or two of that brown packing tape will dim the Green. They also make "Light Dims" on Amazon that may work, but haven't tried those.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Possibly stupid question, but if everyone is wearing NVGs, why would you be running visible green strobes?
View Quote
No one was using the green function while wearing night vision. We were just using the IR strobe function. The green mode is crazy bright. The nitecore strobes are great for the price and form factor. I think I will pick up a couple more.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No one was using the green function while wearing night vision. We were just using the IR strobe function.
View Quote

I'm so confused. Unless you were at the same match as @pumbaajk, @astro_wanabe wasn't asking you.  You guys are talking all over each other.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm so confused. Unless you were at the same match as @pumbaajk, @astro_wanabe wasn't asking you.  You guys are talking all over each other.
View Quote
@ThisWildAdventure

He was. Cool your jets.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#29]
So to clear this now cluster fucked thread up.....

The green on the nitecore is to bright. Legit 20-30yds of illumination and blooms nods.

We used the green chem sticks(or IR beacons for those who had them) and they were used for safety. Dudes walking around in the dark and safety was my number one concern.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone with an LIF probably wouldn't have an issue with the green led. I can barely see a super bright green laser with mine. I installed it after I lit up the green laser and the reflection made tracks on my tube (temporary, but I didn't want to risk longer term damage).
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone with an LIF probably wouldn't have an issue with the green led. I can barely see a super bright green laser with mine. I installed it after I lit up the green laser and the reflection made tracks on my tube (temporary, but I didn't want to risk longer term damage).
View Quote
Green also doesn’t affect Anvis objectives
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Green also doesn’t affect Anvis objectives
View Quote
Like we discussed prior, I love anvis stuff. Just wish it was hardened in some way.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Crap! I missed the code!

I guess I'll have to order another one!
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I’ve been using the Guardians for a long time for dog collars. They’re the perfect size IMO for a standard type web collar and they clip on secure. I bought one IR and several vis ones (the vis are cheap on amazon) and switch the heads out.

I’ve been leaving the vis on the collar and mainly use a helmet strobe for IR on a Ray Allen harness. I find it works better on the dog’s back shining straight up.

I just picked up my NU05. @KPog the Nitecore is smaller and fits a webbed dog collar better than the Guardian. It is indeed tiny and it's a nice light.

After using it, I'd still choose the more expensive Hel-Star or Manta as a primary helmet mounted strobe/marking device due to the better one handed tactile switching/feedback.
View Quote
@KPog
I just picked up my NU05. It is smaller and fits a webbed dog collar better than the Guardian. It is indeed tiny and it's a nice light.

After using it, I'd still choose the more expensive Hel-Star or Manta as a primary helmet mounted strobe/marking device due to the better one handed tactile switching/feedback. But this is awesome if all you need is a cheap marker.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The green for nvgs.
View Quote
What he said

The green is really bright, I use chemlights too, but saw that glotoob and had to have one.

ETA: To the poster who asked what the green is for. Well in this case you need vis light for safety at dark ranges.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@KPog
I just picked up my NU05. It is smaller and fits a webbed dog collar better than the Guardian. It is indeed tiny and it's a nice light.

After using it, I'd still choose the more expensive Hel-Star or Manta as a primary helmet mounted strobe/marking device due to the better one handed tactile switching/feedback. But this is awesome if all you need is a cheap marker.
View Quote
Yep, got a second one for the dog, it helps since pointers are fast.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Mine has arrived.

Looks nice!

Thank for the info!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#38]
That video was great. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Just Ordered the nitecore. Thanks for all the input
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#40]
I ordered a couple, too. Nightcore is probably wondering what's causing the sudden influx of orders. Lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Received my nitecore. Very happy with it. For $25shipped I don’t know what else you could want....

Thanks again for all the input.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#42]
got a pair of them also today. looks neat. now I just need nods and a lid to mount it to. Wish Kota would restock. fucking corona virus
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Back in stock!

Black only.

@slappomatt

Link

Quoted:
got a pair of them also today. looks neat. now I just need nods and a lid to mount it to. Wish Kota would restock. fucking corona virus
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Back in stock!

Black only.

@slappomatt

Link
View Quote

I just ordered 2 units.

I want to punch a few 9mm 115g ball rounds into one of them to see how it deforms.

Kinda skeptical that a $200 Ops Core Maritime Chinesium clone can perform like the genuine article. If it doesn't offer legit ballistic protection, then no reason to carry the extra weight and heat retention -- IMHO -- unless it's just to look Tacticool.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I was skeptical when mine arrived in a very simple
box with no documentation. I called the number
on the invoice and it was the owner of Midwest
(I can't remember his name, but I wish I did).
He said they offloaded their paint blems through
Kota & some other company. He said they were
fully tested per NIJ standards.

Post up what you discover.

Thanks!

Edit to add: I googled for the owner's name &
came up with Troy Storch, which doesn't sound
quite right, but it's been a few weeks now. And
an article I found put him in close proximity to
Steve Fisher, who a good friend of mine speaks
very highly of. Small world indeed.

Link to article about Troy

@billpete

Quoted:

I just ordered 2 units.

I want to punch a few 9mm 115g ball rounds into one of them to see how it deforms.

Kinda skeptical that a $200 Ops Core Maritime Chinesium clone can perform like the genuine article. If it doesn't offer legit ballistic protection, then no reason to carry the extra weight and heat retention -- IMHO -- unless it's just to look Tacticool.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I just ordered 2 units.

View Quote
Please report back if you do test one. Lots of testing on china plates, not much for helmets
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top