Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2018 11:30:01 PM EDT
I need to pick up a general use IFAK, I'm thinking just the standard infantry IFAK. Where is the best place to buy this?

How about hydration to stick on the back of my carrier? Any models to look at or avoid?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:00:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on your level of training, Are you at least First Aid trained?

Know how to apply a tourniquet? What about hemostatic dressing?

Strongly suggest finding a TECC equivalent class or at least reading up on the subject and then follow the TCCC guidelines. As for kit, I say assemble your own or you can try http://darkangelmedical.com for a pre assembled kit.

Training is the key, if you don’t know how to use it, no reason to carry it!

http://www.naemt.org/education/naemt-tccc

As for hydration, really anything that mounts up and works is good to go.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I need to pick up a general use IFAK, I'm thinking just the standard infantry IFAK. Where is the best place to buy this?

How about hydration to stick on the back of my carrier? Any models to look at or avoid?
View Quote
Tagged for info

How about a molle mounted bladder? Does camelbak make one?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on your level of training, Are you First Aid trained?

Know how to apply a tourniquet? What about hemostatic dressing?

Strongly suggest finding a TECC class or at least reading up on the subject and then follow the TCCC guidelines,

http://www.naemt.org/education/naemt-tccc

As for hydration, really anything that mounts up and works is good to go.
View Quote
I've watched 3 or 4 episodes of House, I'm an engineer, and I doctored up horses, dogs, cows, and goats growing up, so I figure I'm pretty well qualified.  

Really just stuff to have around and put on my PC so I can run Combat Class at CW. Or if it is ever needed, I'd rather have it and hope to find someone that knows how to use it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've watched 3 or 4 episodes of House, I'm an engineer, and I doctored up horses, dogs, cows, and goats growing up, so I figure I'm pretty well qualified.  

Really just stuff to have around and put on my PC so I can run Combat Class at CW. Or if it is ever needed, I'd rather have it and hope to find someone that knows how to use it.
View Quote
There you have it... All you need is a street fighter bike, plenty of Vicodin and an under age girlfriend and your set for any situation  
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:54:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The Ifak is for you to use whether self aid or on someone you care about.  If you are going to get an IFAK with life saving trauma supplies,then take some time to learn to use it.  While I’m a big advocate for a s much Med training as possible, a simple stop the bleed class is a good start. They are all over the place - check with your local hospitals

It’s not just for gunshots- motor vehicle accidents, lawn “ incidents” , ..... penetrating trauma happens all the time and everywhere   You have a better chance of using those items and some knowledge learned in a one day class then you will your gun or plate carrier

As for hydro, look at the source hydro bladders.  Much better than Camelbak
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:58:10 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're looking for hydration pack to attach to your pc this is what I use and love it.  Other places sell it cheaper.

https://sourcetacticalgear.com/packs/79-razor-3l.html
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll do a +1 for Source.  After purchasing my first Source system two years ago, its much better than a Camelbak.  The only thing that Camelbak has over source is their wide openings, making it quicker to put ice in the bladder.  I've never been easily able to open up the top of the Source bladders.  I also love their Universal Tube Adapter for filling up!
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Source and MSR.

I run the 4L on long humps using source adapters.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll do a +1 for Source.  After purchasing my first Source system two years ago, its much better than a Camelbak.  The only thing that Camelbak has over source is their wide openings, making it quicker to put ice in the bladder.  I've never been easily able to open up the top of the Source bladders.  I also love their Universal Tube Adapter for filling up!
View Quote
All my source bladders have a plastic rail that slides off the top opening up the whole bag.  Makes cleaning a lot easier too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Get a flat IFAK like the Viper run it in your belt at 6oclock
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Dark Angel for med kits

Source for hydration
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#12]
https://stormseekermilitarysurplus.com/t/first-aid-kits
They have new surplus IFAK's.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://stormseekermilitarysurplus.com/t/first-aid-kits
They have new surplus IFAK's.
View Quote
The new IFAK 2s are much nicer.  Mount it on your offside cummerbund, and you can easily access it with either hand.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#14]
On my belt, I have a Blue Force Gear TRAUMAKit Now! at the 4-5 o'clock. Absolutely top-notch pouch.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I recently bought a small Warrior Assault Systems 1.5L bladder pouch for my JPC. I like it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Get a flat IFAK like the Viper run it in your belt at 6oclock
View Quote
My favorite Ifak to date. The new issued GEN II IFAK is similar and well thought out for issue kit
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All of this.

I bought a 1.5L carrier and tried a couple different bladders, none of which I liked until I got the Source 1.  It doesn't really fit as it's a 3L bladder, but it works. I should have just bought the complete set up linked by D-RAS03 from the get go and been done with it.

For the IFAK, I got one from Esstac.  Filled it with a 6" Izzy and a tourniquet.  Need to get a different bandage (maybe a 4" Izzy) and some QC gauze.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

All my source bladders have a plastic rail that slides off the top opening up the whole bag.  Makes cleaning a lot easier too.
View Quote
Mine do as well.  I removed the plastic slider once and had a really hard time getting it back on.  There must be some trick that I don't know..... After that, I decided that I would just leave it alone!

I'd still love to get a Source bladder for my FILBE hydration carrier, but I don't want to spend the $50.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Mine do as well.  I removed the plastic slider once and had a really hard time getting it back on.  There must be some trick that I don't know..... After that, I decided that I would just leave it alone!

I'd still love to get a Source bladder for my FILBE hydration carrier, but I don't want to spend the $50.....
View Quote
It just slides back on the track.  Super easy to put back on
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's well worth it. Most of their bladders have a piece attached on the inside so it stays the same shape when full to about empty. None of that huge bulge at the bottom.

ETA: What oz bladder are you looking for?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It just slides back on the track.  Super easy to put back on
View Quote
Hmmm.  The slider slid off easy.  But when I went to put it back on, it was like pushing a square peg through a round hole.  It was so hard to slide that I even poked a hole in the bladder with the slider trying to get it back on.  Fortunately its on the "outside" of the bladder so it doesn't leak.

Mine was the style with the black plastic slider and nothing on the bladder.  I folded the top of the bladder over and then tried to slide the slider on.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top