Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2021 7:34:23 PM EDT
I'm not seeing very many options in the 4-5" range.  I've debated having McGowen make me one, or having a rifle barrel cut down.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve wanted a 4 inch TD barrel for a while since I started with a charger and SBR’d it. I’m looking at a whistle pig in 6 inches...$150 shipped isn’t bad I guess. If I get annoyed, I may cut it down shorter down the road.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I saw that option previously but didn't seriously consider it.  I went ahead and bought one, the takedown parts for it, and a trigger kit from them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have on of these.  It shoots very well and is consistent.  I dont know if or when they will be back in stock though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
-sigh-

I ordered a barrel on March 21st.  The company had some machining issues, and drilled the TD mount holes in the wrong place.  So the company had to send the barrel back to the shop to have the holes plugged, redrilled, and tapped.  Finally yesterday I get the barrel.

A barrel with out rifling.

I'm not real thrilled with the company right now.  I guess that is what I get with going with the cheapest option.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Here

https://www.wpgbc.com

4.5inch
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here

https://www.wpgbc.com

4.5inch
View Quote

They don't offer that length in the take down model

They are also the company that took the better part of a month to get me a barrel labeled as in stock, and when I did get it, they didn't bother to put a liner in it.

They had initially drilled the holes in the wrong location, so they had to plug them and redrill.

They send me a 30-some calibre smooth bore.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I would absolutely caution AGAINST whistle pig. The one I bought is so tight I had to knock it in pretty hard with a rubber mallet. The fit is so tight on the chamber it will not eject a spent round. I have to use a cleaning rod to get the spent case out. I sent a note to the company and they keep telling me I have to shoot 100 rounds through it to break it in. I gave up and they won’t respond to my emails now.

Pretty frustrating.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top