Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2021 11:12:09 AM EDT
I think I want an MPL. And I think I want to make it a modernized version. Am I crazy? I’ve heard they are great shooters…
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Don’t we all.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot one first, I had one and it was boring. Sold it for a loss.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Splain, please….
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don’t we all.
View Quote

I can have one here in a couple weeks. Probably just gonna buy it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy what you want but I didn't like my K or L, plus mags are ridiculously expensive. I much prefer my Steyr MPi.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

How does one sell a MG for a loss? O_o
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How does one sell a MG for a loss? O_o
View Quote

Paid too much for it and didn't keep it long enough.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 4:21:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I've shot K's and L's ......both great guns......

hope you're an SOT ......I've never seen one that wasn't a pre-sample
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've shot K's and L's ......both great guns......

hope you're an SOT ......I've never seen one that wasn't a pre-sample
View Quote

Yep. Just sent Ruben an email to buy one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought it would be a cool full auto to shoot , but after a number of times shooting one it was rather meh to me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep. Just sent Ruben an email to buy one.
View Quote

I'd check on Sturmgewehr forum.. I've seen some listing a while back that looked like it had been listed for a while. Typically Ruben charges a large premium price for sales.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd check on Sturmgewehr forum.. I've seen some listing a while back that looked like it had been listed for a while. Typically Ruben charges a large premium price for sales.
View Quote

I have been looking for a while. I even have a want add over on strum. There’s a BNIB MPL on gun broker right now too. Ruben has the best price I have found in a while.

BTW, here is my plan for this MPL project…
Modernized MPL
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#14]
So I ordered an MPL pre may dealer sample AND I ordered a bunch of parts/components to modernize it. Maybe I’m crazy for cutting and welding on a pre may keeper, but it’s going down…
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe I'm crazy for cutting and welding on a pre may keeper,
View Quote
Yes, I'd say so. lol

But good luck and have fun!
Would love to see pics & video when you're done.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:12:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Are Pre-May Keepers further transferable once "kept" after Dealer retires and its in their estate - say to heirs or others?

I too would love an MPL but they only seem to have pre-86 Dealer samples as possible keepers.  

I keep thinking it might be cheaper to just get the dealers license and buy post-86 DS guns but nothing will be cheaper as I will just spend more .
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are Pre-May Keepers further transferable once "kept" after Dealer retires and its in their estate - say to heirs or others?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They're always transferable but only to a current SOT.

Once someone has it, it doesn't matter if they remain an FFL/SOT or not.

I've heard people say your heir could obtain an FFL/SOT after you die, and still have enough time to inherit any pre-samples willed to them. That's probably true, but obviously it's "safer" if they already hold an FFL at the time of your passing.

You could have the business (FFL) in an LLC or a corporation so they inherit it all together. Then it won't matter if there's no FFL at the time of the inheritance.

I too would love an MPL but they only seem to have pre-86 Dealer samples as possible keepers.  

I keep thinking it might be cheaper to just get the dealers license and buy post-86 DS guns but nothing will be cheaper as I will just spend more .
All my MGs are post samples.
I never find good deals on pre-samples.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They're always transferable but only to a current SOT.

Once someone has it, it doesn't matter if they remain an FFL/SOT or not.

I've heard people say your heir could obtain an FFL/SOT after you die, and still have enough time to inherit any pre-samples willed to them. That's probably true, but obviously it's "safer" if they already hold an FFL at the time of your passing.

You could have the business (FFL) in an LLC or a corporation so they inherit it all together. Then it won't matter if there's no FFL at the time of the inheritance.

All my MGs are post samples.
I never find good deals on pre-samples.
View Quote

I’ve found a few REALLY good deals on pre may dealer samples lately. One being an MP5. Regarding the transferable pre may sample question, short answer; no. Long answer, yes. Once a pre may dealer sample, ALWAYS a pre may dealer sample. It can only be transferred to an SOT. Forever. Now you can obtain your SOT for the sole reason to inherit it, but you have to have an SOT to get it. Now what I don’t get is how some pre may samples are on form 4s? But you still have to have an SOT for an approved transfer…
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Now you can obtain your SOT for the sole reason to inherit it,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Now you can obtain your SOT for the sole reason to inherit it,
Can you?

That would be (good) news to me.

Not that there's any justification requested with an SOT payment by an existing FFL (so perhaps that's what you meant) but if you have no FFL currently, I wouldn't think ATF would allow inheritance to be the sole purpose of the FFL application.

...but you have to have an SOT to get it. Now what I don't get is how some pre may samples are on form 4s? But you still have to have an SOT for an approved transfer
Form 3 is only used to transfer between two SOTs.

Therefore if the transferor no longer holds an SOT, they would transfer to a current SOT using Form 4.

Only the transferee needs to currently hold an SOT.

It's really not correct to say something is "on" a form. That just happens to be the last form utilized to transfer it.

The status of the firearm, the transferor, and the transferee all play a part in determining which form is appropriate for the present transfer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I’ve found a few REALLY good deals on pre may dealer samples lately. One being an MP5. Regarding the transferable pre may sample question, short answer; no. Long answer, yes. Once a pre may dealer sample, ALWAYS a pre may dealer sample. It can only be transferred to an SOT. Forever. Now you can obtain your SOT for the sole reason to inherit it, but you have to have an SOT to get it. Now what I don’t get is how some pre may samples are on form 4s? But you still have to have an SOT for an approved transfer…
View Quote

Form 3 transfers allow transfer without the tax stamp but both dealers must be SOTs.

The person who has it had a SOT but gave it up (either the SOT or the FFL). Once given up it needs to be transfer as a Form 4 to a SOT.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Update….
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#22]
And so it begins!
MPL project
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I had one, was super excited and it just sucked. Sold it and took a loss.

It was the most boring subgun I’ve shot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I had one, was super excited and it just sucked. Sold it and took a loss.

It was the most boring subgun I’ve shot.
View Quote

Ah, yeah, we know. This is the second time in this post you’ve said this. I get it. Point is, I have a bunch of other MGs, I don’t need this “one”. At least I won’t take a loss on it. And for what’s it’s worth, I love the way this thing shoots.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ah, yeah, we know. This is the second time in this post you’ve said this. I get it. Point is, I have a bunch of other MGs, I don’t need this “one”. At least I won’t take a loss on it. And for what’s it’s worth, I love the way this thing shoots.
View Quote

That’s funny, I didn’t remember posting this more than once.

I only took it out a few times, I just remember hating the sights and just slow. Packed it up and marked it cheap.

Sad thing was I was excited to get one, heard for years how great they were.

I’m glad you like yours, lots of people do.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Progress! 3D printed stock prototype done….
MPL project
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Progress…
MPL Project
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Full length rail done! Factory sights cut off, front dive tail filler piece made, TIG welded in and rear spot welds/font welds filled with TIGed silicone bronze filler. 14 damn 8-40 screws countersunk and drilled into receiver (.125 reamed locating pins are being added today). What a pain in the ass it was mapping the rail for centered in slot screw locations! Tolerance stacking/compounding error over 15” was significant. Took some work but got it done. I have a pair of Occam Defense sights that will go on this set up, very low profile (CZ Scorpion copies) that give it a perfect cheek weld…
MPL project
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I had a pre-sample MPK like 20 years ago. Nice SMG - ran perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top