Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2020 8:08:22 PM EDT
. I bought a my first  suppressor online and applied for tax stamp at a local gun shop. I called ATF in early July and found out that my stamp had already been sent to the dealer. I called the dealer and learned that they had moved to a new address. They said they would tell me when they got my stamp. Two weeks later I called again and found out that they no longer have a class3 license. Because ATF made a mistake and sent them a license with the old address. They said they got my stamp, but they can't give it back, because there is no license. The owner promised that it will take no more than one month and he will let me know when I can pick up my suppressor. A month later I called myself. And I heard again that ATF messed up again. No more explanation. Nevertheless, suppressors are for sale on their website. And now I don't know what to do. Order another suppressor to start the process before the elections. Or wait for the dealer to sort out these problems. I don’t know where to complain about the dealer, and how to get my money back if something happens. I don’t really believe this dealer now, but I can’t check at what stage it is now getting a license. I just don't know where to call. I would be very grateful for any advice. Sorry for not very good english. This is my third language.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you called the BATF?

Find out the status of your stamp/application.
(304) 616-4500
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Approved on June 25th.The stamp was received by the dealer on July 10th.
I can't get my suppressor and stamp because the dealer doesn't want to give it to me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't get my suppressor and stamp because the dealer doesn't want to give it to me.
View Quote

What does the BATFE say about that?
Maybe you can get a copy of the stamp sent to you and call local law enforcement because they have your property? Do you have a receipt, invoice, or bill of sale?
I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will chime in...
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't matter if they no longer have their SOT / FFL, they are not even required to do a 4473 if they are no longer in business. When a dealer goes out of business or loses licenses under legal circumstances, transfers for pending form 4s continue as usual. If the dealer lost his license due to illegal activity, then BATFE will seize all NFA items and allow another dealer to complete the transfers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should call your local ATF office and talk to someone there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Good advice here OP.......you have to call the ATF and/or NFA branch and tell them what this guy is doing.

I had a similar problem back in 2016 and the NFA branch employee did something (I will never know) but the dealer called me THAT AFTERNOON to say come pick up your suppressor.

Brief detail, never called me when he received the suppressor from the manufacturer and he received approval as the transferee to sell it to me from the ATF.  Two months went buy after he had received approval and when I called he said "oh, we have had it for quite some time now".

One year later, still no Stamp and I call the NFA........they said it was approved and he should have received it a couple of weeks ago at the latest.

Called the dealer........"we never got it".

I called the NFA and told them........agent said "mail in another form and we'll sign it immediately and send out a new Stamp".

Called NFA employee a month later and she said "we sent out the second one as soon as we received your new application three weeks ago".

Called dealer, no one in, left message...........no return call for a few days.

Called the NFA employee I had been dealing with and she said "ok, I'll get back with you".

THAT AFTERNOON, jackass dealer said "come in we have your Stamp".

ETA:  Roughly took me FIFTEEN months to get the suppressor.........RIDICULOUS!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the very good advice. I'll call local ATF Tuesday morning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It doesn't matter if they no longer have their SOT / FFL, they are not even required to do a 4473 if they are no longer in business. When a dealer goes out of business or loses licenses under legal circumstances, transfers for pending form 4s continue as usual. If the dealer lost his license due to illegal activity, then BATFE will seize all NFA items and allow another dealer to complete the transfers.
View Quote

This exactly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don’t really believe this dealer now, but I can’t check at what stage it is now getting a license. I just don't know where to call. I would be very grateful for any advice. Sorry for not very good english. This is my third language.
View Quote

You can see if he has a license and what address here. You can also decode the letters to see how long he has had it (A=Jan, etc).

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/listing-federal-firearms-licensees
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top