Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@PvtCowboy

I am well aware of how the RM Systems AUG M203 mount works.  I am afraid It simply not a good use of time or money to spend the effort copying another company's work for a product that we might sell 2-3 units of at most.  We would 100% lose money on that endeavor, my suggestions is reach out to RM and see if they will sell you one of their mounts.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

How about a trigger module that will accept any standard AR-15 trigger?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How about a trigger module that will accept any standard AR-15 trigger?
View Quote

I don't think this is possible.  I had looked into making something myself to run a LaRue trigger.  AR fire controls have that dangly trigger thing hanging off the...  trigger.  There wasn't enough room in the back of the gun to get the AR hammer and trigger in under the bolt without cutting into the plastic stock and possibly having to toss out the cleaning kit.

I do think it could work if you sawzalled off the dangly part of your trigger.  Or more likely find a decent trigger for a different style gun that'll fit back there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sure the HTM from 20/20 was just that, though I heard it wasn't quite worth the premium over the TSM.

Me personally, the AUG trigger with the TSM and the redesigned trigger from ARID Development is my favorite trigger for defensive use. Very short travel, new trigger helps reduce any and all friction due to improved geometry and a small roller installed in the front.

Combine that with a properly adjusted trigger linkage and it's a very good trigger. Like it a lot more than AR triggers I've used.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont think they use a standard trigger.  The photo has the assembly sitting down on a towel. There's no room for that dangly part of the trigger.  If it was there, it would prevent this whole assembly from sitting flat on the towel, and would prevent the whole assembly from inserting into the back of the AUG stock.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

20/20 and Ratworx already did that, my understanding was they never sold enough to justify continued production, but you would have to contact Ratworx to confirm.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

One came up for sale on gunbroker a few years ago and there was a bidding war on it. I won the final auction at $650. *They rarely if ever come up for sale so when they do they go quick and for a lot of $$.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They rarely if ever come up for sale so when they do they go quick and for a lot of $$.
View Quote
Sure, but if they were back in production that would not be the case, as demand would be much lower.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 1:17:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Any possibility of an RMR mount for the factory A1 scope?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Now that these have been out a while, those of you that bought these, how do you like them?

Any issues, caveats? Any changes in accuracy?  How is the heat?

I know from experience that Manticore makes good stuff, but would just like to hear some owner feedback.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Now that these have been out a while, those of you that bought these, how do you like them?

Any issues, caveats? Any changes in accuracy?  How is the heat?

I know from experience that Manticore makes good stuff, but would just like to hear some owner feedback.

View Quote

I like mine.. it puts rails right where I want them and is quite solid, even after I hacked a chunk off the bottom to make it work with the 2020 lower rail.  I wish the rear of the rail hugged the receiver like the Steyr A3 does, but that's an aesthetic thing and doesn't affect function at all.

It does get a bit warm after a couple mags in a row, but that's pretty normal for AUGs in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It does get a bit warm after a couple mags in a row, but that's pretty normal for AUGs in my experience.
View Quote
Like "you really need to be wearing gloves" warm?

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We need another aftermarket suppressor gas plug option!
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

1.  We cannot cut through that area as the receiver mounting screws and side rail mounting screws are in that area.  

2.  The grip can fold up about 2/3 the way when the forend option is installed, enough to give plenty of room to store it in a carry case.  The grip is not going to be able to fully fold with any forend installed as it nests up tight against the underside of the barrel when fully folded, leaving no room for a forend.

3.  Carbon fiber is not an option for both technical and cost reasons, and would save little to no weight.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Magnesium alloy seems to save quite a bit of weight over aluminum
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is subjective, but I found it too hot to hold barehanded after three mags back-to-back
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:34:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Magnesium has really impressive heat/weight  characteristics, it’s used on airplane tires landing gear rims. And they actually glow orange/red after a RTO-rejected take-off. But the price would make the rail cost prohibitive.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is subjective, but I found it too hot to hold barehanded after three mags back-to-back
View Quote
That's not too bad actually.  I really should be letting my suppressor cool off about then anyway.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#20]
This won’t fit an MSAR will it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was never happy with any of the forend solutions for the AUG, they all either were too heavy or has some other feature about them that made them just not work to my liking, and I haven't seen any solutions for the A3 M1 receiver, which seems to be the most common type these days....
View Quote

Still waiting for something compatible for A2/USR, 1913 rail etc and ability to quick change barrels.

Not liking B&T style rail systems that lock in the barrel that everyone seems to come up with.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I seriously doubt anyone will ever make anything compatible with the A2 - the A3 M1 Cantilever Forend only exists because I wanted one, and is on the edge of a financially viable product.  

A QD forend does not lend itself to solid mounting with repeatable zero.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Like designing a shoe only meant to be worn on one foot, along the lines of the old B&T AUG rail, it is counterintuitive to design and promote a rail that takes away a feature of the rifle: quick change barrel. If you can't copy, design and make one, maybe someone else has and can. But if you like it and as you have explained to some extent, the marketing aspect behind it, you're probably not going to make something without a profit motive, that's your decision.

Is zero so seriously impacted, that one cannot rapidly engage fleeting man-sized targets out to the effective range of the weapon?

If these obsolescent pop guns were all that were alleviable to me and forced into use, while retaining the ability to quick change barrels, I think my rails will hold up to your counterintuitive rails. To do the job without losing any sleep over and the ability to quick change barrels that are a priority for my use. Without being forced to wear a shoe only on one foot, that's marketed as another artesian engineering marvel and technological wonder of the World, right up alongside the Sistine Chapel

I want something that does the job. I think I'll pass on your rails. This is my decision.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#24]

lol wut?
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Like designing a shoe only meant to be worn on one foot, along the lines of the old B&T AUG rail, it is counterintuitive to design and promote a rail that takes away a feature of the rifle: quick change barrel. If you can't copy, design and make one, maybe someone else has and can. But if you like it and as you have explained to some extent, the marketing aspect behind it, you're probably not going to make something without a profit motive, that's your decision.

Is zero so seriously impacted, that one cannot rapidly engage fleeting man-sized targets out to the effective range of the weapon?

If these obsolescent pop guns were all that were alleviable to me and forced into use, while retaining the ability to quick change barrels, I think my rails will hold up to your counterintuitive rails. To do the job without losing any sleep over and the ability to quick change barrels that are a priority for my use. Without being forced to wear a shoe only on one foot, that's marketed as another artesian engineering marvel and technological wonder of the World, right up alongside the Sistine Chapel

I want something that does the job. I think I'll pass on your rails. This is my decision.
View Quote

You are a prime example of why one shouldn't post while drunk...
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

While I'm not the biggest fan of sacrificing the quick change barrel, people wanna maximize available mounting space. That necessitates either a thinner, ergonomic handguard that essentially locks the barrel in place, or an overly large diameter handguard that can accommodate the gas block and the rotation it needs to go through. Sven's design and ARID's design both allow you to remove the handguard by taking out some screws, and QD mechanisms can further increase price on parts like this that are relatively niche to the market.

You might want to look into the Clawgear ones that mount to the gas block and get hot in a few shots since you put the QD barrel on a pedestal that makes it a "priority" for your use. Atleast Sven is bringing useful stuff to the AUG market, unlike your overly helpful self.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:55:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Not mine, spotted on Reddit.

The Manticore Forend really looks awesome with the 20" barrel and factory VFG.

Makes me wonder how an extended handguard for the 20" would look.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#28]
The AUG Cantilever Forend looks awesome. I have two AUGs (non m1) already, but now I want a m1 specifically to add this rail. Very cool design.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sometimes stream of consciousness is fun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:09:09 AM EDT
[#30]
If anyones skilled with photoshop, I'd love to see how an 'XL Forend' would look if it extended to the base of the FH on a 20" barrel.

That would be a real AUG / AR hybrid aesthetic I imagine.

Alas, I'm at a sub MS paint level of digital artistry otherwise I'd attempt it myself.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The AUG Cantilever Forend looks awesome. I have two AUGs (non m1) already, but now I want a m1 specto add this rail. Very cool design.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm somewhat tempted to get another AUG for using this rail.

1x AUG for Corvus + ACOG (ACAUG)

1X AUG for Factory 3x

1x AUG for Manticore....

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@spydercomonkey

(I am sure i will regret even doing this! )

Just to be clear we do NOT have plans at this time for an extended rail as 20" barrels are way less common than 16" barrels,  but since you asked  for a photoshop, here you go:

I won't lie, if does look pretty sexy, LOL

Sven
Manticore Arms

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/368252/extended_rail_mockup-2668489.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anyones skilled with photoshop, I'd love to see how an 'XL Forend' would look if it extended to the base of the FH on a 20" barrel.

That would be a real AUG / AR hybrid aesthetic I imagine.

Alas, I'm at a sub MS paint level of digital artistry otherwise I'd attempt it myself.

@spydercomonkey

(I am sure i will regret even doing this! )

Just to be clear we do NOT have plans at this time for an extended rail as 20" barrels are way less common than 16" barrels,  but since you asked  for a photoshop, here you go:

I won't lie, if does look pretty sexy, LOL

Sven
Manticore Arms

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/368252/extended_rail_mockup-2668489.jpg

Oh man, that looks spectacular! Totally changes the AUG aesthetically, really looks super modern; perfect AUG/AR hybrid vibes.

Needless to say, I want one. Thank you so much for doing the photoshop.

Whats the minimum order quantity for a run of them

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top