Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 10:50:45 PM EDT
I own about a dozen stamps (SBRs and Supressors)

I don’t know much about how a trust works but am I screwed since I didn’t set one up years back?

Will my family have to pay more taxes when I eventually pass them on.?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Will my family have to pay more taxes when I eventually pass them on.?

Thanks...
View Quote

No, there is a form to transfer them to your heir without the $200 fee
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I'm very glad I was told about this recently. This was the only reason I wanted a trust and it's been holding me up from getting NFA goodies
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Question about the form 5 though, can these be filled out and distributed with your will? Do you need to do these before you die, or do they do it after?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question about the form 5 though, can these be filled out and distributed with your will? Do you need to do these before you die, or do they do it after?
View Quote
They should wait and fill out the Form 5 when needed because it may have been revised several times by then. The executor of your estate will sign as transferor.

Nothing wrong with including completed ones with EXAMPLE marked across them however.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:05:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Great info.... thanks so much...!

Arfcom comes through once again
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top