Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2018 4:17:37 PM EDT
Thinking about getting the RCBS M1000, my pact digital is all over the place, tossed it in the trash this morning then took it out Incase anyone needs parts.

My chargemaster 1500 is my only reliable scale but i feel the need to check it constantly.

I currently don’t trust my 505 either. Using check weights it’s a .1 off at 20grs. But dead on from 50-70grs.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
In for the replies.  I too use a chargemaster but I believe it drifts.  Just got a mechanical to verify.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an old pact scale that works with my old pact dispenser, I have a charge master 1500 scale sitting in a box unused, I have the new charge master lite and I have a GEM pro 250..I use the old pact and the charge master lites to dispense to, then from there they go across the gem250 before being poured into the case..the gem pro 250 is a much finer resolution then the others..no issue getting great loads this way....(each load goes over 2 scales)..
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as your 505 is consistent with its measurements you will be ok.  You will work up your loads to your guns and your loads.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I would clean your 5-0-5 up and then recheck.

The best value in electronic scales is the Gem Pro 250

The best value in mechanical scales is the Dillon Eliminator (uses Ohaus guts)

In combo's the Chargemaster Lite is a good value with a good reputation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as your 505 is consistent with its measurements you will be ok.  You will work up your loads to your guns and your loads.
View Quote
It’s not,  I’ll get it shipped in this week I hope.

Until then though I ordered a FX-120I from Brownells they’re doing 10% off today so I saved $60 I’ll probably get the other goodies to go along with it down the road.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Until then though I ordered a FX-120I from Brownells they’re doing 10% off today so I saved $60 I’ll probably get the other goodies to go along with it down the road.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check the knife edges for burs.

Be careful since they should be sharp enough to cut you.
Check the pivot points for debris.

Even excessive oil on either piece can change readings.

It often shows as slightly different weights depending on what direction the scale settles from.

Pointer up and descending vs pointer down and ascending.

It needs the lightest surface film for corrosion protection.

I often wipe both piece dry before assembling and using my scale.
They wipe on a thin coat when done before storing them under a cover to limit dust.

Do NOT store the scale with the bar on the pivots.
The slightest vibration will wear on the knife edges.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatever you get for a new scale make sure you set it on a marble slab and an anti vibration pad.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had good luck with a Lyman gen 6 thrower that's double checked with a gempro 250.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top