Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2021 12:21:07 PM EDT
I have about 8 pistols, 6 long guns (5 that 16" and 1 that is 22"), 6 braced ARs/PCCs (all less than 10"), 2 20" shotguns.  

Between the Fatboy Jr Extreme and the Fatboy Extreme.  What yall think between these two for my needs?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
TLDR - get the bigger one

Seriously though.  It's not what you have but what you will have.  Go bigger.

Also you add 1 scoped precision rifle with bipod and that is like adding 3 average long guns with no optic, so keep in mind how quickly it gets crowded as the family grows.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with the go bigger on my second safe now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Always go bigger if you have the room and money.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Then you look around the house and see all the stuff you want in there. Documents, gold, silver.

Sometimes even things that are not always in there but when you go on vacation, laptops, jewelry etc

Then your wife realized she can put some shit in there too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Think "BIG"
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the only difference is 5” on depth (front to back length) between the two.  Its almost a whole $1000 more than the Jr safe....  That’s really what makes it tough.  Does the depth really equate to alot more guns?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The Fatboy Jr XL is the same size as the Fatboy, and has a lower price.  Only difference between the two is the fire rating - 75 minutes vs 90 minutes.

And I'll echo everyone else - bigger is always better.  You'll grow into it.  I have a regular Fatboy.  Zero regrets.  Somehow, it's managed to be "just right."
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Fatboy Jr XL is the same size as the Fatboy, and has a lower price.  Only difference between the two is the fire rating - 75 minutes vs 90 minutes.

And I'll echo everyone else - bigger is always better.  You'll grow into it.  I have a regular Fatboy.  Zero regrets.  Somehow, it's managed to be "just right."
View Quote

Id 100% go with a Fatboy Jr XL “Extreme” if they had one.  It doesn’t appear that they do though....

I like the three dividers on the extreme models.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Update: I ended up going with the Browning Hells Canyon Extra Wide Safe.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the only difference is 5” on depth (front to back length) between the two.  Its almost a whole $1000 more than the Jr safe....  That’s really what makes it tough.  Does the depth really equate to alot more guns?
View Quote

It probably does with rifle rods
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Chances are good you'll add a second safe later.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I got the Fatboy 64 to replace my first safe that got too small later. Like they are saying, go bigger rather than smaller or you will be upgrading for capacity later.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Bigger.  Just like building a garage.  You'll never regret bigger.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I have the jr version. Wish I had gotten a larger safe as it’s gotten a bit tight for room inside. Other than that, I am very happy with the safe.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, my new safe Liberty Fatboy XL is now full.

I will add that the 64 long guns is a bit optimistic on the marketing department's estimation.  I needed to have purchased a larger one.
Just like your hookers, go big or stay home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top