Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2018 3:42:42 PM EDT
I bought this little guy a few weeks ago, it’s so much fun and more accurate than the price suggests. Based on my tests it almost seems like Savage designed these to work best with cheap ammo. Here’s what I’ve found:

Good:
CCI Standard
Gemtech subs
Remington Thunderbolts (not pictured)

Not so good:
CCI Mini-mag (not pictured)
Federal suppressor (not pictured)
SK Standard
Federal Target
Eley Target
Eley Club

These are all 10-shot groups (other than the upper left, 7 shot) at 100 yards, 50 yard groups are just ragged holes.

Attachment Attached File

Here’s the rifle, it’s wearing a Bushnell rimfire 6-18x, only other thing I’m going to do is put it in a Boyd’s stock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 12:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Do they uses a new style magazine or it is the same old curved metal magazine? It is hard to tell from the picture.

It is also the first i am hearing and seeing of this model. When did it come out?
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been running a B22 since this summer too. I’ve really only messed with CCI standard since it was plenty accurate.  I popped a Mueller target scope on top and a Warlock on the muzzle and went to work.

The magazine is a removable savage flush fit, rotary 10-round mag.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought the b17. Love it
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it 1 group suppressed and the other not?

How do you feel about the mags?
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it 1 group suppressed and the other not?

How do you feel about the mags?
View Quote
Everything is suppressed, just did two groups to get a feel for how it was shooting and see if a bad group was me or not.

At first I really thought I wouldn’t like the mags, they seemed cheap and weren’t the 10/22 mags I was used to. After using them a bunch I actually like them, they’re easy to load and feed really smooth. My old man picked up a Ruger American Rimfire Target and it doesn’t shoot nearly as well as the B22 and sometimes has feeding issues like the mags don’t feed well.

The only issue I’ve run into with this gun is the chamber seems to get sticky after a few hundred rounds and it will fail to extract, if I close the bolt a second time and rack it open it seems to extract normally. A quick brush with some solvent seems to remedy the problem as well, I may try polishing the chamber a little to see if that fixes the issue.

Here’s an updated pic, it now sits in a Boyd’s pro varmint stock which is a huge improvement in feel and adding weight to the rear which makes it balance and work from the bench a lot better.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
does Boyd make a pro Varmint to fit this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top