Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2020 5:32:49 PM EDT
Hey everyone. I have a Belgian BGS model "c" kit that I'd like to build. When these first hit the market a few years ago, I got lucky and got a really nice model b kit. Had that built up completely correctly with a limited run Entreprise receiver with correct markings and a correct barrel. Ended up trading that for a WWII Springfield Garand (good deal at the time) and now I'm left with this kit that I'd like to build up. My question is, did I miss the boat on building this thing correctly at all? I know I'm not going to be able to get correct markings and probably won't be able to get a barrel with the correct bayonet lug...but any suggestions on who and where to go? Does anyone even sell stripped uppers anymore? Are there any good builders left out there?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Arizona response systems is still in the game and has been doing custom engraving on receivers. I’d check there first. FAL files is still kinda active as well, you might be able to find an old receiver there as well, or one ARS can/may engrave.

Also I have the same thing on the old receiver that’s marked properly. I miss the build days. I remember people said I paid too much for the STG kit at $179 when I bels were everywhere for half that... that STG kit was probably unfired...
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
DS Arms is doing a run of German G1 type forged receivers.  Not sure if this would be "correct" for your kit or not.  Here's the link... https://www.dsarms.com/p-17163-dsa-fal-sa58-forged-german-type-g1-carry-handle-cut-semi-auto-receiver-762.aspx
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome Entreprise group buy brother! I still have mine from that nightmare. Mine was nice except the finish was wrong but no way I was sending it back.

DSA is making cast receivers, Coonan isn't making any. I haven't seen a gear logo Imbel receiver in a long time. I have seen a few Imbel made Centuries but even they are getting pricey for the non fucked up ones.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome Entreprise group buy brother! I still have mine from that nightmare. Mine was nice except the finish was wrong but no way I was sending it back.

DSA is making cast receivers, Coonan isn't making any. I haven't seen a gear logo Imbel receiver in a long time. I have seen a few Imbel made Centuries but even they are getting pricey for the non fucked up ones.
View Quote

Haha dude that was such a fiasco. Turned out pretty good though, but the builder did need to tweak my receiver during the build. Can't remember the specifics (geez that was almost ten years ago) but I remember him having issues. I really wish I had kept mine but oh well.

Started a thread over on the FAL Files and already gotten a lot of good info. Found a builder who will convert the barrel to BGS spec and build the gun up right. Also found out it's a model B kit, not C. Going to work on getting it built this year.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Haha dude that was such a fiasco. Turned out pretty good though, but the builder did need to tweak my receiver during the build. Can't remember the specifics (geez that was almost ten years ago) but I remember him having issues. I really wish I had kept mine but oh well.

Started a thread over on the FAL Files and already gotten a lot of good info. Found a builder who will convert the barrel to BGS spec and build the gun up right. Also found out it's a model B kit, not C. Going to work on getting it built this year.
View Quote

Glad you are making ground on the build. Did you find a receiver? I haven't been on the falfiles in a while, kind of miss building them but kits and receivers are harder to find and expensive.

My Entreprise receiver was good to go except the charging handle cut was tight and needed to be lapped to work.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The problem with DSA is that they still insist on putting their serial number on the receiver rails instead of inside the magazine well on most of their receivers, and do not offer custom markings.  So even if you had the rest removed and new engraving put on, you'd be left with their serial number.

I do not know if there is a legal way to relocate a serial number on a firearm; that'd be nice.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The problem with DSA is that they still insist on putting their serial number on the receiver rails instead of inside the magazine well on most of their receivers, and do not offer custom markings.  So even if you had the rest removed and new engraving put on, you'd be left with their serial number.

I do not know if there is a legal way to relocate a serial number on a firearm; that'd be nice.
View Quote

DSA is showing G1 receivers with a blank right side and G1 left side on their web site. Manufacturers marking in the mag well. Unfortunately, out of stock at this time.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The StG-58 one would be the best candidate.  Minimal markings to delete.

If one needs a Type 2 or 3, though, they're still SOL.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

DSA has Type 2 and 3s on their site? The 3s are cast though. But with the type 2s you get the option of forged or cast.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 5:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

DSA has Type 2 and 3s on their site? The 3s are cast though. But with the type 2s you get the option of forged or cast.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't have any that have the DSA make/model/serial markings inside the magazine well, like they do with the G1, Israeli, and StG-58 receivers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top