Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2021 2:24:54 PM EDT
I got tired of my Tavor 7 not reliably shooting anything with hard primers (cheap Russian stuff, foreign milsurp, berdan primers, etc.)

Nothing crazy, not even creative. I just finally decided to pull out the FP spring so the FP is floating and try it like that.  Worked just fine. I was getting a couple FTFs per mag with anything having hard primers before this. And no one that I found sells XP springs.   No FTFs yesterday after pulling the FP spring. I tried MFS steel, Tula steel, Malaysian L2A2, DAG and Barnaul.

Yes, there are some FP impressions on primers after chambering. The marks are a little more pronounced than on an AR 15, but still very light. Lighter than any light strike I’ve ever seen.  I tried to slam fire some Federal Gold Medal Match with its softer primers. Dropping the bolt from lock. One round in mag, more rounds in mag. Live firing rounds. Live firing rounds suppressed ... nothing.

I’ll keep testing, and if there’s a problem look into making a steel tipped titanium pin myself.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top