Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I read a new to me term in the other thread about form 1s today that really seems to fit.

"Impotent rage".

I'm so pissed off about this whole thing that I don't even know what I can do, aside from waiting for another letter from the aft.

On the upside, I learned that YHM makes nearly exact replacements for my form 1 cans and they are relatively inexpensive, except for my nicer rifle can.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:13:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ponykilr] [#2]

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I received the following message from the AFT today. I am sure a lot of others have received the same

eForm 1: Silencer
US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Additional steps: eForm 1 Silencer submission
Dear eForm 1 applicant,

The National Firearms Act (NFA) Division received your ATF eForm 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm. As a part of the application process, NFA Division must confirm that the making or possession of a firearm would not place the applicant in violation of law.[1]  

NFA Division requests that you provide certain additional information so that it may determine whether your eForm 1 application to make a silencer may lawfully be approved. Specifically, please submit to NFA Division the following:

Pictures of the parts that you will use to make the silencer (the pictures should be clear and allow the identification of the parts photographed),
A description of the processes you will use to assemble or fabricate the silencer,
The product, model, or kit name, if any, of each device and/or part that you will use to make the silencer, and
The source from which the parts were obtained, i.e., the name of the store, website, etc.
The additional information may be submitted to NFA Division at the following email address: [email protected]. Please include the form Permit Control Number or eForm ID in the Subject bar for each correspondence with attachments. The additional information may also be sent by mail to:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

National Firearms Act Division

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV25405

Without the additional descriptive information, NFA Division will be unable to determine whether the eForm 1 application to make a silencer may lawfully be approved. Therefore, failure to submit the requested information by March 25, 2022, will result in your application being disapproved and your $200.00 making tax refunded.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:27:05 AM EDT
[#4]
How about we continue buying solvent traps because they’re a legal item and just lie to them? They lie and make shit up all the time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:38:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:
How about we continue buying solvent traps because they’re a legal item and just lie to them? They lie and make shit up all the time.
View Quote

But they can kill your family and burn your house down for things like this.

I've seen them do it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

On the upside, I learned that YHM makes nearly exact replacements for my form 1 cans and they are relatively inexpensive, except for my nicer rifle can.
View Quote

Yeah, I bought a Resonator R2 a couple of days ago.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By anacondavet:

I received the following message from the AFT today. I am sure a lot of others have received the same

Dear eForm 1 applicant,

The National Firearms Act (NFA) Division received your ATF eForm 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm. As a part of the application process, NFA Division must confirm that the making or possession of a firearm would not place the applicant in violation of law.[1]  

NFA Division requests that you provide certain additional information so that it may determine whether your eForm 1 application to make a silencer may lawfully be approved. Specifically, please submit to NFA Division the following:

Pictures of the parts that you will use to make the silencer (the pictures should be clear and allow the identification of the parts photographed),
A description of the processes you will use to assemble or fabricate the silencer,
The product, model, or kit name, if any, of each device and/or part that you will use to make the silencer, and
The source from which the parts were obtained, i.e., the name of the store, website, etc.
The additional information may be submitted to NFA Division at the following email address: [email protected]. Please include the form Permit Control Number or eForm ID in the Subject bar for each correspondence with attachments. The additional information may also be sent by mail to:

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV25405

Without the additional descriptive information, NFA Division will be unable to determine whether the eForm 1 application to make a silencer may lawfully be approved. Therefore, failure to submit the requested information by March 25, 2022, will result in your application being disapproved and your $200.00 making tax refunded.
View Quote

Lol

How many will fall for this
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL, they can all fuck off.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Dear eForm 1 applicant,

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV25405

View Quote
/It's a trap! No, not the solvent kind.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
2/18:

Originally Posted By boltcatch:

This is intentional.   Just as with various 80% firearm pushes from the feds and states, the ultimate goal here is to ban as much material assistance as possible for people to DIY.  

Unless they did some massive editing, the last version of the new 80% rules I saw say anything marketed as being able to be made into a firearm regardless of the state of completion, or possessed with instructions to do so, or possessed with along with the capability (read tools, jigs) to do so within an undefined standard of "readily convertible", is a firearm.

It is easy to see where that sort of thing takes them here.
View Quote

Well I called that, didn't I?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Dear eForm 1 applicant,

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV25405

View Quote

Welp, I think I'm done with form 1's then.    If suppressor parts are anything intended for the use in a suppressor, then wouldn't sending in detailed pictures of the parts you intend to use for your suppressor be admitting to having said suppressor parts before hand which can and will be used against you if and when the AFT wants to get all Ruby Ridgey.

Sounds like entrapment.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#12]

I've seen them do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

I've seen them do it.

And lied about it in the subsequent aftermath while smiling for pictures standing atop their victim’s corpses.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Grottski:

Welp, I think I'm done with form 1's then.    If suppressor parts are anything intended for the use in a suppressor, then wouldn't sending in detailed pictures of the parts you intend to use for your suppressor be admitting to having said suppressor parts before hand which can and will be used against you if and when the AFT wants to get all Ruby Ridgey.

Sounds like entrapment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grottski:

Dear eForm 1 applicant,

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV25405

Sounds like entrapment.

You are correct
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven’t been paying attention to this for a while, and decided to catch up. I had no idea what it had turned into. I haven’t gotten any more letters, never followed up with the agent that I originally talked to, and at this point kind of wished that I hadn’t made the original phone call. That can’t be undone now, so I guess we will all get to see how this plays out. The thread in GD seems to think that there is some traction with at least one legislator. Part of me wonders if revoking form 1s is one of president potato’s ways of claiming to “take dangerous weapons off the street”.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mtomso7464] [#15]
: https://www.daines.senate.gov/download/atf-letter
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mtomso7464:
View Quote

good stuff!
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By dayphotog:

good stuff!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dayphotog:
Originally Posted By mtomso7464:

good stuff!

We’ll. It’s officially past 3/31/22. Where’s their answer?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Did you really expect them to answer? They only answer to themselves and the court system if they feel like it. It is not like they were elected and have to answer to the people, they are appointed and answer to the liberal regime.
It proves that power corrupts, and they seem to have absolute power, so they are absolutely corrupted. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Letters were received in late December and January.  There is still no answer whatsoever. Mixed signals, threats from the ATF, but not a single solid answer to anything.  What a fucking joke.  I did manage to file and receive an Eform 4 in the time it took to resolve this.  I am probably going to order a few solvent traps if I can find anyone still selling them. I have multiple incomplete form 1s.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:
I am probably going to order a few solvent traps if I can find anyone still selling them. I have multiple incomplete form 1s.
View Quote

Are there any left? Did Maverick close or get closed, they seem to have been scrubbed. Dino only has muzzle breaks and such. Quiet Bore still has kits listed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TACTICAL:

Are there any left? Did Maverick close or get closed, they seem to have been scrubbed. Dino only has muzzle breaks and such. Quiet Bore still has kits listed.
View All Quotes
I am probably going to order a few solvent traps if I can find anyone still selling them. I have multiple incomplete form 1s.

The status of all the form 1 kits on QB's website changed to out of stock not long after the ATF's BS started.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Tell ATF you sent your parts to Hunter.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Quietbore is now form 4 only it seems.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#24]
If anyone is still following this... the three guys from DM have all plead guilty or agreed to do so.  This was posted on form1.org, seems legit, but I don't know the source of the info.

Ridenour, Swanson, and Logan have all plead (or are pleading) guilty. The case is nearly over, and I expect they will all be sentenced and remanded to prison in the next month or so.

Logan filed a plea agreement on 3/28/22 and plead guilty to one charge of Conspiracy to Manufacture and Deal in Silencers under 18 USC 371 and 18 USC 922(a)(1)(A). He has agreed that he may be imprisoned for up to 5 years and pay a $250k fine. 1:22-cr-20031 (Dkt. 31). The prosecutor has agreed to seek roughly half of that time and not seek a fine. Note that the judge has the final say in terms of the sentence and fines imposed.

Swanson filed a plea agreement on 4/20/22 with the same terms as Logan. 1:22-cr-20031 (Dkt. 41).

Ridenour has consented to enter a guilty plea but has to appear at a hearing (scheduled for May 9) before he can do so. 1:22-cr-20031 (Dkt. 37). We don’t know what the terms of Ridenour’s plea are yet, but they will likely be the same as or more severe than for Logan and Swanson since Ridenour was charged with additional felonies (e.g., making an illegal SBR) and has been characterized as the conspiracy ringleader. Ridenour is the only defendant who did not rely on a public defender.

To the extent people were hoping for someone to fight the ATF, this will not be the case.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dskeet:
If anyone is still following this... the three guys from DM have all plead guilty or agreed to do so.  This was posted on form1.org, seems legit, but I don't know the source of the info.

View All Quotes

Ridenour, Swanson, and Logan have all plead (or are pleading) guilty. The case is nearly over, and I expect they will all be sentenced and remanded to prison in the next month or so.

Logan filed a plea agreement on 3/28/22 and plead guilty to one charge of Conspiracy to Manufacture and Deal in Silencers under 18 USC 371 and 18 USC 922(a)(1)(A). He has agreed that he may be imprisoned for up to 5 years and pay a $250k fine. 1:22-cr-20031 (Dkt. 31). The prosecutor has agreed to seek roughly half of that time and not seek a fine. Note that the judge has the final say in terms of the sentence and fines imposed.

Swanson filed a plea agreement on 4/20/22 with the same terms as Logan. 1:22-cr-20031 (Dkt. 41).

Ridenour has consented to enter a guilty plea but has to appear at a hearing (scheduled for May 9) before he can do so. 1:22-cr-20031 (Dkt. 37). We don’t know what the terms of Ridenour’s plea are yet, but they will likely be the same as or more severe than for Logan and Swanson since Ridenour was charged with additional felonies (e.g., making an illegal SBR) and has been characterized as the conspiracy ringleader. Ridenour is the only defendant who did not rely on a public defender.

To the extent people were hoping for someone to fight the ATF, this will not be the case.

So that dude posting here that he was Chris's CS rep relied on a public defender?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#26]
If true, this is a major development. Info seems legit, although I haven't seen any official reports.

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:36:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fenric] [#27]
Public defender.. ouch
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Randomly thought about this a few minutes ago and did a google search.  

Chris Ridenour plead guilty yesterday.  His plea agreement basically said that Diversified Machine was a full blown silencer manufacturing operation operated out of a pole barn at his house.

The ATF could have been waiting for this to restart their efforts to hassle DM customers.  Who knows, just my own speculation there.  Makes sense to me as they now have the guy behind DM saying it was a silencer manufacturing operation.

https://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw-bay-city/2022/05/michigan-man-pleads-to-federal-crime-of-selling-1-million-in-illegal-gun-silencers-online.html
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 3:15:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Chris Ridenour plead guilty yesterday.  His plea agreement basically said that Diversified Machine was a full blown silencer manufacturing operation operated out of a pole barn at his house.

The ATF could have been waiting for this to restart their efforts to hassle DM customers.  Who knows, just my own speculation there.  Makes sense to me as they now have the guy behind DM saying it was a silencer manufacturing operation.

https://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw-bay-city/2022/05/michigan-man-pleads-to-federal-crime-of-selling-1-million-in-illegal-gun-silencers-online.html
View Quote

I was about to post this as well.

So a few people are still keeping an eye on this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 5:33:24 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Came here to post this article.

Thanksfully they approved my Form1 about 2 months ago. I never submitted it as I had only bought a tube from them and not gotten around to buy or making any cups.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Timberwulfen] [#31]
I'm still around if anyone wondered. No contact since.

** Edit **
I had the ATF showed up in Jan. And yes I have stamps.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Timberwulfen:
I'm still around if anyone wondered. No contact since.
View Quote
Glad to hear it.

An edit of your post with a recap of your situation would be helpful - would save people from scrolling through 10 pages to refresh their memories.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:13:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueHKMP5] [#33]
Edit

I had a moment waiting until after sentencing
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:36:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fenric] [#34]
Man this is an interesting read to see how it’s being handled
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARUDD] [#35]
So little update today my friend got a visit from two ATF field agents. They want see a form 1 or turn over the parts! He had a approved form 1.  He stated he never got a letter from ATF back in December 2021- or January 2022 but bought from DM. 4 years ago. The Agents stated he was ok with his form 1 and left. They took pictures of the suppressor and the form 1.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ARUDD:
So little update today my friend got a visit from two ATF field agents. They want see a form 1 or turn over the parts! He had a approved form 1.  He stated he never got a letter from ATF back in December 2021- or January 2022 but bought from DM. 4 years ago. The Agents stated he was ok with his form 1 and left. They took pictures of the suppressor and the form 1.
View Quote

Did he buy a kit, or just parts?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:09:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aphex] [#37]
View All Quotes

Did he have any previous contact with the ATF beforehand after the letters were sent out or did he have any direct emails to DM prior to them being seized?

Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

This. I'm guessing it was just a tube or something that he bought from DM?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Idahoskunk] [#38]
View Quote

Can you tell us which part of the USA he lives in?  As in a Red state or Blue state? Thank you
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:32:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigPolska] [#39]
Why in the blue FUCK would they waste time and manpower to visit anyone with approved stamps?

You would THINK that the registry would be a good reference of who has stamps but I guess not.

Government incompetence
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

View Quote

He didn't buy a kit, DM didn't have a kit 4 years ago. he bought TI Tube, one end cap.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Aphex:

Did he have any previous contact with the ATF beforehand after the letters were sent out or did he have any direct emails to DM prior to them being seized?

This. I'm guessing it was just a tube or something that he bought from DM?
View Quote

He did not have any previous contact with ATF, no letter was sent to him. He ordered direct from DM web site for the parts.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Idahoskunk:

Can you tell us which part of the USA he lives in?  As in a Red state or Blue state? Thank you
View Quote

Blue state, southwest US, NM
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Situation is getting spicy!!

Surprised the AFT didn't have copy of form 1.
DM didn't mark parts that I know of so who's to say they are DM, another vendor or tube cut on lathe and threaded for both ends.

Still fishing in my opinion
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Any chance he had a change of address between the time he bought from DM and the time the letters were sent out?  That could explain why he didn't get a letter.. seems like they were sent to the address in the DM records and not necessarily to peoples current address.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Any chance he had a change of address between the time he bought from DM and the time the letters were sent out?  That could explain why he didn't get a letter.. seems like they were sent to the address in the DM records and not necessarily to peoples current address.
View Quote

No change of address. He lived in the same house for 24 years.

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:51:12 AM EDT
[#47]
WGL, just posted up another vid on the subject.

It is looking rather bad for DM right now.

https://youtu.be/NFBNoe1DPGg

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Solvent Trap Update: The Sad and Final Chapter of Diversified Machine
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By craig24680:
Surprised the AFT didn't have copy of form 1.
View Quote
They could obtain it, but it's less work if he hands it to them.

The normal process for ATF special agents to verify NFA registration is to call (304) 616-4490 which is their 24hr Operations Center, press 1 for LE, and then identify themselves and query the serial number. The operators have access to the NFRTR electronic database (which doesn't actually let them print a F1 or F4 copy, but has all the info).

Only NFA Branch can produce copies of approved NFA forms.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mtomso7464] [#50]
I wonder what will happen now, that he was found guilty of selling suppressors and parts, to those that ordered parts even with a form 1 stamp?  Since that would be illegal to buy parts regardless since it would then be a form 4 transaction.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top