Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2018 4:13:51 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Pic I found on the internet
These are calling my name.  I've got an awesome set of wood off a trap 1100. Now I need to find a nice blued receiver and barrel.
Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice, but I have seen a lot of 1100s with hogged out gas ports at the skeet range.....

they tend to be less than reliable.....

this makes me think a short barrel on one would be finicky, but I dunno that for a fact......
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks nice, but I have seen a lot of 1100s with hogged out gas ports at the skeet range.....

this makes me think a short barrel on one would be finicky, but I dunno that for a fact......
View Quote
DONT RUIN MY DREAM
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought they became reliable when maintenance was lacking?  But, that goes with the internet rumors that they're maintenance intensive, something about o-rings.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/264774/8a6b57d56541a1f3808c4eec9a08e795-427247.JPG

Pic I found on the internet
These are calling my name.  I've got an awesome set of wood off a trap 1100. Now I need to find a nice blued receiver and barrel.
Any thoughts?
View Quote
DAMN!

The 3rd on down is calling to me.....!  I love the ghost sights with the flat black and the flat finish on the stock set!

Although I think if I were to go with an Auto SBS, I'd go with a Benelli M2 so I wouldn't have to mess with dialing in the gas system or a Factory M4 SBS.

Later,
D
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought they became unreliable when maintenance was lacking?  But, that goes with the internet rumors that they're maintenance intensive, something about o-rings.
View Quote
The o-ring does have to be monitored and replaced when necessary. Viton o-rings last much longer than the original material. It's really not a problem for those who clean & inspect their weapons with any kind of regularity.

I would recommend finding a used $600 Benelli M1 SBS if you can. They're great guns, and can go longer before maintenance than an 1100 or 11-87. I understand though if you want the wood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top