Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2022 4:06:50 PM EDT
about primers.

This was an older gentleman (no flat bill there) who covered Arizona, New Mexico, and Hawaii .

He said that all of the Olin primers are being used to load their own factory ammo.

As a side note, here are several pics that may serve as a “barometer” for the ammo and reloading component situation:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Those ^^^ 3 pics are from the shellhouse this year.  Last year, shotgun ammo was way scarce-er than that.  There were even signs  up saying they were only selling to Grand competitors in 2021.

From Mike Graf’s reloading:  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Then there is this pic from Gamaliel Shooting Supply:

Attachment Attached File

That was the first time in 3 years that I have seen Winchester primers on the shelf.

And how much Mec shotgun reloaders are going for now:

Attachment Attached File

Gamaliel also had powder:

Attachment Attached File

4 pounders and 8 pounders.

I just want to reiterate that this thread and the pics posted here are just meant to be a “barometer”.

This is not a “Where to find ______?”  thread .

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If I saw any primers here ( other than shotshell primers ) at those prices I'd freak .

Minimum $ 130.00 and up .  Have not seem large pistol for a very long time.

gd
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I saw any primers here ( other than shotshell primers ) at those prices I'd freak .

Minimum $ 130.00 and up .  Have not seem large pistol for a very long time.

gd
View Quote

I was going to ask Graf’s if they had any regular primers for metallic reloading, but there was already a line there, and it was all outside, and it was hot.

If you look closely in the background of the Graf’s price board posted above , you can see that one trailer is full of Clay Buster wads.  There was another trailer full of Down Range wads.  Then there was literally a semi-tractor trailer trailer filled with everything else.  

There were guys buying so much stuff off him they had to make multiple trips.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I plan to go to Sparta tomorrow or Friday.

I'll be taking a gun to shoot a round or two of sporting clays if I can remember how.

View Quote

I am debating going back down there tomorrow…Thursday.

But it will be mainly to talk to the Mec reloader folks, and to look for a 28 gauge over under that doesn’t feel like a toy in my hands.

My hunting buddy from Jerseyville made it down there about 11AM on Monday.  I think we made it through 2 of the vendor buildings before I had to ske-daddle back to O’Fallon.  

There’s a pretty clever marketing going on there having the Grand during the hottest part of the year, and the better “heel’ed” vendors are in the 4 buildings with the best air conditioning.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
See they had Titegroup in stock.  Been picking that up here and there as availability seems to be far better than average......found out it is a nice dual purpose powder.  Actually like it better in 12ga 1oz loads than in pistol loads.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

See they had Titegroup in stock.  Been picking that up here and there as availability seems to be far better than average......found out it is a nice dual purpose powder.  Actually like it better in 12ga 1oz loads than in pistol loads.

View Quote

Yeah, the big jug of TiteGroup caught my eye as well.

I like it for the 9mm.

Do far, all I have used for shotgun is Clays (in the 12ga).

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Uggg….I almost forgot…

Outside of the Mec showroom was this sign:

Attachment Attached File

Years ago the Spolar reloading press people would have a booth there.  But I hear they are so backlogged with orders, it doesn’t make sense to set up a booth at the Grand.

I would guess that it is at least 3 Grands in a row that they haven’t been there.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, thanks for the report, I hope to make the Grand next year.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP, thanks for the report, I hope to make the Grand next year.
View Quote

I don’t know if you mean as a competitor or like me as a tourist.

But if as a tourist and you want to check out vendors, there’s the big skeet shoot :

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I plan to look for a .410 shotgun.  A model 12, a Browning BPS, an over and under, or maybe a delicate side by side.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am debating going back down there tomorrow Thursday.

But it will be mainly to talk to the Mec reloader folks, and to look for a 28 gauge over under that doesn't feel like a toy in my hands.

My hunting buddy from Jerseyville made it down there about 11AM on Monday.  I think we made it through 2 of the vendor buildings before I had to ske-daddle back to O'Fallon.  

There's a pretty clever marketing going on there having the Grand during the hottest part of the year, and the better "heel'ed" vendors are in the 4 buildings with the best air conditioning.
I plan to look for a .410 shotgun.  A model 12, a Browning BPS, an over and under, or maybe a delicate side by side.

That reminds me, I still have a .410 BPS I never shot.  I was trying to find a youth stock for it.  The factory one like all Brownings is looong.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#13]
They show fed top gun at 8.50/box.  We just paid 9.99/box for 1000 boxes.  Only trap loads we could find.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Too get closer to the forum topic -

Mike Graf was not at the Grand yesterday, and there was not another gunpowder merchant present.

I found two .410 guns I wanted, and three that I didn't.  Unfortunately the guns I wanted were priced at nearly $30k.

View Quote

I pulled skeet duty at the gun club on Saturday morning.

One of the skeet’ers said he was down there looking for Green Dot.  So he went to Mike Graf’s like on Wednesday or Thursday.  Some other guy in line recognized him and asked him what he was looking for ,  “Green dot!”

“Whoops!  You’re too late.  There just went the last jug of Green Dot.”

Then another skeet’er said he was down there on Thursday or Friday and watched Mike Graf pull up stakes and leave.

I heard he was at some other big trap or skeet shoot earlier in the year down in or near the Ozarks.  

Which makes me glad I was on the ball enough to take a picture of his sign with his phone number.

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:52:29 AM EDT
[#16]
All that H1000 there. You guys don’t know how good you have it!
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I pulled skeet duty at the gun club on Saturday morning.

One of the skeet’ers said he was down there looking for Green Dot.  So he went to Mike Graf’s like on Wednesday or Thursday.  Some other guy in line recognized him and asked him what he was looking for ,  “Green dot!”

“Whoops!  You’re too late.  There just went the last jug of Green Dot.”

Then another skeet’er said he was down there on Thursday or Friday and watched Mike Graf pull up stakes and leave.

I heard he was at some other big trap or skeet shoot earlier in the year down in or near the Ozarks.  

Which makes me glad I was on the ball enough to take a picture of his sign with his phone number.

View Quote

Mike will be at the Fall Handicap. Linn Creek. Sept 24
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top