Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2019 5:40:04 PM EDT
I am going to be sole proprietor and run it out of my single family home. I checked with my homeowners insurance and they are fine with it. I checked the zoning with the county and everything is good there. I live way out in the country in a town of 800-1000 where everyone had a minimum of 5 acres, just to give you an idea of the setting.

I plan on just doing transfers and some minor repair and modification jobs. Do you guys suggest that I get separate liability insurance? There is no crime where I live because it is all cattle country, but I was thinking about getting a security system too. I have a workshop in my house, but also down on property too. Would it be better to run it out of the workshop a few acres from my house? Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I think to each it’s own. Just make sure you do it out of your licensed premises address (Incase your workshop for some reason isn’t the same address as your shop)

Anyways I’m not lucky like you to be in a crime free area. I would rather not have people come to my house. Even tho I could do it in the garage. Just some food for thought. Might be better to just operate out of your shop. You never know these days.

Also having extra insurance is never a bad idea.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think to each it’s own. Just make sure you do it out of your licensed premises address (Incase your workshop for some reason isn’t the same address as your shop)

Anyways I’m not lucky like you to be in a crime free area. I would rather not have people come to my house. Even tho I could do it in the garage. Just some food for thought. Might be better to just operate out of your shop. You never know these days.

Also having extra insurance is never a bad idea.
View Quote
I understand this. Most of the people I will be dealing with are people from my church and BP agents I know
Top Top