Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2020 2:15:26 PM EDT
What type of hygrometers is everyone using to determine humidity in the safe?

Is one of those simple ones from petco adequate?

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/imagitarium-round-humidity-gauge-2388571?cm_mmc=PSH-_-GGL-_-CAL-_-PME-_-PET-_-AQU-_-0-_-PM_GGL_FY20_SBU05_SH13_SmallAnimalBird&ReptileSupplies_ReptileAccessories_PLA-SMRT-_-Product_Listing_Ads-_-Smart_Shopping&ReptileSupplies_ReptileAccessories_PLA-SMRT-_-Product_Listing_Ads-_-Smart_Shopping&kpid=go_9411562751_95036224949_419469053952_pla-890249194709_c&utm_config=tad0iunwp&utm_campaign=PM_GGL_FY20_SBU05_SH13_SmallAnimalBird&ReptileSupplies_ReptileAccessories_PLA-SMRT&ReptileSupplies_ReptileAccessories_PLA-SMRT&utm_source=google&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-_j1BRDkARIsAJcfmTGyYDrw-Er1fD7Zuor2QMQ2gx5nlEizH7mDF_IuRJi35IrFKLBwocIaArHeEALw_wcB
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
On the cheap hygrometers, you never know how accurate they are. What I do is when I'm looking for one,
is look at all of them in the store and pick the one from the group that reads closest to the same.
Still not scientific, but hey, you just can't have it all.
Dennis
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a cheap hydrometer that I originally got for my guitar case.  I compare the readings I have in the safe with a similar hydrometer I use to monitor the bedroom temp and humidity.  Accuracy is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few bluetooth (GOVee) and WiFi (Shelly cloud) ones.  They're accurate enough.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top