Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 1/25/2024 8:47:17 PM EDT
For those of us with the MGI modular magwell system is now Hydra Weaponry and will be doing more magwells. They have a MP5 9mm magwell on the site. I watched an AR15.com video https://youtu.be/ZDJZSe49JYg?si=2OaD89qjTbjyfzZp from ShotShow 2024. They had what I think was a  .308 DPMS style magwell. The rep also said that they would also have large and small framed Glock magwells. Hopefully they will also be bringing back the Grease Gun magwell.

The downside is they used to charge $125 per magwell. The price has now jumped to $275 each. Back in the day when they first came to market, twenty years ago, they charged $250 per magwell. This is a very cool system for DIAS and Lightning Link owners. But when the semi auto owners can buy complete lowers for around or lower than what the magwell costs. There is some advantage to have just one receiver for SBR registration and or a specialty fire control. I am heavily invested with this lower system and am looking forward to the new magwells.

Scott
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecondAmend] [#1]
A couple of weeks ago I was somewhat interested in learning more about another one of their products.  While their website front page was accessible, the Shop page is flagged as Unsecure and access was blocked by both Chrome and Edge.  I just tried again, and same story. If they want to actually sell anything, they need to update their website with current, secure software.  I suppose one could call them and telephonically obtain whatever information desired, and place an order; but who can say that their internal order and credit card processing software is any more secure than the website Shop page.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By canon3825:
For those of us with the MGI modular magwell system is now Hydra Weaponry and will be doing more magwells. They have a MP5 9mm magwell on the site. I watched an AR15.com video https://youtu.be/ZDJZSe49JYg?si=2OaD89qjTbjyfzZp from ShotShow 2024. They had what I think was a  .308 DPMS style magwell. The rep also said that they would also have large and small framed Glock magwells. Hopefully they will also be bringing back the Grease Gun magwell.

The downside is they used to charge $125 per magwell. The price has now jumped to $275 each. Back in the day when they first came to market, twenty years ago, they charged $250 per magwell. This is a very cool system for DIAS and Lightning Link owners. But when the semi auto owners can buy complete lowers for around or lower than what the magwell costs. There is some advantage to have just one receiver for SBR registration and or a specialty fire control. I am heavily invested with this lower system and am looking forward to the new magwells.

Scott
View Quote
Unfortunately, it appears it isn't a 308 magwell but a whole DPMS pattern .308 lower.
Below are some pics I had a buddy take yesterday:

Here is a link to it on their website: https://hydraweaponry.com/product/hydra-10-stripped-lower-receiver-blk/
If you look at the link, it states, "This lower is not modular like our AR-15!!!!"

Below has been on their website for like a month or so.

Below is their Suomi mag well but my buddy told me it was just a prototype and not for sale.

As most people know, I've always been a huge fan of this system but I'm not interested in the first two.
I would be interested in the Suomi if they can get it working.
I don't care for the MP5 magwell since no LRBHO.  I was hoping for a Scorpion magwell and my friend told me they ARE coming out with a Scorpion magwell and I think they are working on doing the Glock magwells again but this time incorporating LRBHO.
He didn't ask about the GG magwell....I guess because he and I both have those.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecondAmend:
A couple of weeks ago I was somewhat interested in learning more about another one of their products.  While their website front page was accessible, the Shop page is flagged as Unsecure and access was blocked by both Chrome and Edge.  I just tried again, and same story. If they want to actually sell anything, they need to update their website with current, secure software.  I suppose one could call them and telephonically obtain whatever information desired, and place an order; but who can say that their internal order and credit card processing software is any more secure than the website Shop page.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
View Quote
They are a very small shop and whoever was working on their site was probably have certificate errors at the time, I don't get any issues right now.
I wish them success and look forward to their upcoming products.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems kind of odd that they wouldn't be able to do a magwell, but could do an upper. What I was thinking of is a 7.62x39 AK magwell and put a CMMG barrel and bolt group into a DPMS  .308 upper.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top