Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2018 9:21:59 AM EDT
Looking for a can to focus around 45-70, 458 etc. Only needs to handle the big bores. Thought on which one is best in this role?
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you want the VERS will probably be quieter but it is also larger and heavier. It is also direct thread.

The hybrid is lighter and smaller still hearing safe, but louder. It also has more mounting options.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on what you want the VERS will probably be quieter but it is also larger and heavier. It is also direct thread.

The hybrid is lighter and smaller still hearing safe, but louder. It also has more mounting options.
View Quote
This pretty much sums it up. I went Hybrid as a hunting can on my 458 socom and, with direct thread, it’s pretty short and light. It’s quiet enough for hunting scenarios.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I went thru this last summer. Chose the VERS458 cause it's full auto rated & couldn't get an honest answer as to the SiCo Hybrid being 458 SOCOM friendly. I sighted in my SBR 458 a few weeks ago & the POI once threading the can on was about 4" @ 75 yds (furthest option at the indoor range I was in). That said, the SBR shared holes; I'm talking 5 shots under an inch. I'm happy with it....also had my 1895GBL Marlin threaded for the can. Can't wait to see what it sounds like!
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
The Hybrid is listed on SilencerCo's site as being rated for 458 and 45-70 on 16"+ barrels only.  The Lane Scorpion Magnum 458 all titanium version is a bit lighter than the Hybrid (13.2 vs 13.8oz) and OK for SBRs.  Just food for thought if you are considering going witha  shorter barrel.

Oh, and the Liberty Cosmic 45ACP suppressor is also rated for 458 SOCOM on a 12" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Hybrid is listed on SilencerCo's site as being rated for 458 and 45-70 on 16"+ barrels only.  The Lane Scorpion Magnum 458 all titanium version is a bit lighter than the Hybrid (13.2 vs 13.8oz) and OK for SBRs.  Just food for thought if you are considering going witha  shorter barrel.

Oh, and the Liberty Cosmic 45ACP suppressor is also rated for 458 SOCOM on a 12" barrel.
View Quote
I use the hybrid on a 10.5” tromix because I’m a rebel like that
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
SiCO is notorious for rating cans arbitrarily based on what hey have on hand to test with ie 16" grendel on the omega.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top