Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2018 12:09:35 PM EDT
Is there any good way to tell your tubes you send out are the same tubes you get back? I got thinking about this as i just sent my tubes out to get installed in a set of rnvgs and got thinking about it. Im newer to night vision and only have a pvs 14 but i bought 2 brand new tubes on the ee and im just wondering.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I did not but there is a small L and R etched one each from the previous owner i think. Can you check them with out losing your nitrogen purge though?
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You can use a flashlight to look into the ocular lens edges and you maybe able to see the serial numbers and the markings your looking for.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#4]
When a diamond gets left at a shop for service, they can weight it and show you the imperfections through a loupe, and those imperfections are drawn on the work order.
When you pick up the diamond, you inspect it with the loupe again and verify the match.
If your tubes have any blemishes (black spots, etc.) you could take a photo with a camera through the tube to document.
Obviously serial numbers or other markings as mentioned previously would be a superior method.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
If you shine a flashlight in the back of the ocular, sometimes you can see the tube housing around the screen a little bit if you look at an angle. If you wind out the lens a little, you might see more.

Outside of that, if you take the ocular lenses off, you will not only lose the purge, but also the collimation - This would be a bigger issue with bino's I think.

You can repurge youself. A can of air duster is a suitable purge in the absence of nitrogen... It's all big molecules and they have reasonable properties that make them an OK home-brew alternative.

But you might want to mark your lens position before you unscrew them or you will lose collimation.

David
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When a diamond gets left at a shop for service, they can weight it and show you the imperfections through a loupe, and those imperfections are drawn on the work order.
When you pick up the diamond, you inspect it with the loupe again and verify the match.
If your tubes have any blemishes (black spots, etc.) you could take a photo with a camera through the tube to document.
Obviously serial numbers or other markings as mentioned previously would be a superior method.
View Quote
But what about a tube with no blems?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top