Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2021 8:11:22 PM EDT
Greetings gents,

I purchased this AMSEC safe at a gov't auction for next to nothing hoping I could get the code for it from my local safe dealer. After showing the proper documentation, they phoned up AMSEC for the master keypad code and even they couldn't get it unlocked so we are thinking something is jammed up inside there. And a big shout out to Precision Lock and Safe in Winter Haven, FL for not charging me even though they spent a lot of time on it. So now it's a couple of years later and I need to get rid of this thing and a friend of mine suggested to just get a cutting blade for my grinder and cut the front off of it. Does this sound feasable, and how many blades do you think I'll end up going through? The locksmith said they'd bust it open for around $250, which is why I'd rather just do it myself. This thing is a beast, probably upwards of 2000 lbs my loader barely picks it up I think it's hardened it's probably around 4x3x3 thanks for any and all advice and have a good one! -Steve
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Bottom or the back will have the thinnest steel.  Drill a hole and put a cheap USB borescope in there to see the contents if any.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You guys probably shouldn't be giving the guy who's made a single post on the forum to ask about breaking into a safe any advice.  You want into the safe?  Hire a professional who can verify who you are and that it's your safe.  You could be a burglar for all we know.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:00:04 AM EDT
[#3]
OP:

Since you are the "legitimate" owner of the safe and a professional locksmith that gave you a quote to open the safe has documented that you are the legal owner, why don't just pay the $250 and have it opened?  You could actually sell the safe for a profit after replacing or re-combo the lock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top