Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2018 5:33:31 PM EDT
I'm interested in the sliding brace mainly, but I have to figure they'll come available around the same time.

What gives? Anyone heard a solid, updated timeline from CZ?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm interested in the sliding brace mainly, but I have to figure they'll come available around the same time.

What gives? Anyone heard a solid, updated timeline from CZ?
View Quote
No.
Keep an eye on this thread and it'll be posted when the info is out there I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Spoke to my CZ rep last week. Was told still waiting on some parts. Seems the estimate he gave me in May of late this year, early 2019 was correct. But who knows with CZ, seems a lot more guns are available in the pipeline these days.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I was on the phone with CZ this past week checking into a part, and asked the guy how the S2 was coming along.  He just laughed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure why its taking so long, but I don't know why they debut something at SHOT that they cant make for a year. Almost ready to just go out and buy an MPX.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure why its taking so long, but I don't know why they debut something at SHOT that they cant make for a year. Almost ready to just go out and buy an MPX.
View Quote
Ruger actually figured this out.  Get production up and running and ready for distribution BEFORE you debut something at SHOT.  The delay already moved me along.  I'm picking up a MPX Micro when I get home and I already purchased the conversion kit for my existing Scorpion.  I was ready to just get the new Micro, but really no need now...their loss not mine.  Plus, I've already set aside funds for the Zenith once they get production of their MKE Z5P Classic with brace back in stock

ROCK6
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 5:29:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go with the mpx, it is 5 times the gun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah it is.  I have a fair amount of range time on my 8 inch mpx gen 1, my buddies gen 2 mpx K, and a few mags through another buddies scorpion.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like a great gun, I'm just trying to avoid that price point!
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I would have to imagine the hold up is coming either from the HBI side or producing the new stock. They have all the other parts they need to make them.

Considering how often HBI Scorpion parts go out of stock and how long it takes to get them back in I can see them being the holdup.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would have to imagine the hold up is coming either from the HBI side or producing the new stock. They have all the other parts they need to make them.

Considering how often HBI Scorpion parts go out of stock and how long it takes to get them back in I can see them being the holdup.
View Quote
I thought Manticore were the ones producing the stock/brace?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
^ Those HBI guys are a bunch of turkeys... I don't even know what they do over there all day?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

^ Those HBI guys are a bunch of turkeys... I don't even know what they do over there all day?
View Quote
Hey, shouldn't you be working instead of posting?  You probably could have cranked out another three or four handguard in the amount of time to login and post

I'm looking forward to getting home in December and putting my HBI kit on my Scorpion.  I'm glad CZ partnered with HBI (they definitely deserve the credit and exposure), but do agree the delayed delivery to the market sucks for those of us who are quite impatient!  We consumers have been quite spoiled with how quickly stuff hits the market once it's been revealed at the big shows...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Been scouring the internet for a micro. No joy.
Might go b&t or mpx instead if I cant find one soon.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I made my own courtesy of HBI.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:11:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Been scouring the internet for a micro. No joy.
Might go b&t or mpx instead if I cant find one soon.
View Quote
You won't find one as they haven't been released to market yet.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you're saying the delay is entirely the fault of CZ?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would say that was sarcasm.  I think the collaboration is great, but there are always production delays...we're just impatient and CZ demo'ing it at Shot Show was a little premature given an almost year demo-to-dealers production cycle.  Competition is good, so the MPX or B&T GHM9 Compact, or even the CMMG Banshee are available alternatives if your money is burning a hole in your pocket.  It is frustrating though, which is why I just decided to get the HBI micro kit and build my own...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would say that was sarcasm.  I think the collaboration is great, but there are always production delays...we're just impatient and CZ demo'ing it at Shot Show was a little premature given an almost year demo-to-dealers production cycle.  Competition is good, so the MPX or B&T GHM9 Compact, or even the CMMG Banshee are available alternatives if your money is burning a hole in your pocket.  It is frustrating though, which is why I just decided to get the HBI micro kit and build my own...

ROCK6
View Quote
Of course it was sarcasm.

Sarcastically saying "yea we're not doing anything over here" implies they aren't the cause of the delay.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROCK6
The Scorpion Micro will have a street price of in the $900s. What is the street price of the others you mention as alternatives?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Scorpion Micro will have a street price of in the $900s. What is the street price of the others you mention as alternatives?
View Quote
Supply and demand; it depends on how patient you are...I will have an MPX and a GHM9 waiting on me when I get home; both about twice (that damn collapsible brace for the GHM9 isn't cheap!) what a non-available Scorpion Micro would cost...but they're not available right now.  The other COA is to just buy a standard pistol and HBI Kit and make your own (I'm doing that as well).  So, price means nothing until they are actually at the dealers.  If you're willing to wait until summer of 2019 (my guess on actual availability), it's a great price...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Supply and demand; it depends on how patient you are...I will have an MPX and a GHM9 waiting on me when I get home; both about twice (that damn collapsible brace for the GHM9 isn't cheap!) what a non-available Scorpion Micro would cost...but they're not available right now.  The other COA is to just buy a standard pistol and HBI Kit and make your own (I'm doing that as well).  So, price means nothing until they are actually at the dealers.  If you're willing to wait until summer of 2019 (my guess on actual availability), it's a great price...

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROCK6
Yeah those GHM9 (and BT in general) are very nice. Been looking at them. I already have a 7.7" Scorpion with thr Tailhook brace. I love it. Part of why I want to add the Micro. Already have the mags and know the gun. But I'm patient. At least trying to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top