Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2018 2:32:43 PM EDT
I’m close to having the cash to pick one up and these new options intrigue me, especially hearing the rumors that these are out in the field. Is it just a new barrel? Can the 17s mags use 6.5? Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The mags should work. Might have to shorten the oal of some of your 6.5 loads to fit in the mags.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Should just be the standard 6 screws on the barrel assembly. Bolt and mags should be usable still.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
It's easy to swap it's just $1000. I'm in a similar boat and have wanted a scar for years, given the $3K for the rifle, then another grand for a 6.5 barrel, I'm telling myself to wait till SHOT in hopes that FN jumps into 6.5 for civilians. Not having to buy a SCAR barrel will cover a geissele, mounts, sling, and mags. Fingers crossed I know it's unlikely but it's not impossible.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:26:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's easy to swap it's just $1000. I'm in a similar boat and have wanted a scar for years, given the $3K for the rifle, then another grand for a 6.5 barrel, I'm telling myself to wait till SHOT in hopes that FN jumps into 6.5 for civilians. Not having to buy a SCAR barrel will cover a geissele, mounts, sling, and mags. Fingers crossed I know it's unlikely but it's not impossible.
View Quote
I’m in the exact same boat! I’d like to have both options and it sounds like yet another reason to grab a SCAR. Thank you for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top