Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2023 7:46:13 PM EDT
I am wondering how all that plastic holds up to high round counts. I own one but have only put a few mags thru it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
There were some old threads where they mentioned that among other PCCs there, the Scorpion Evos have thousands of rounds per through almost daily, and they hold up. Just like the others, extractors etc will need to be replaced every now and then, but that's over 10k rounds.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't think the plastic has been the issue. There have been some issues with soft bolts peening around the blocking pin and allowing them to fire out of battery. I've probably got close to 2K through mine, and noticed some roughness on the bolt where it rides the hammer back. Little fine filing took the edge back down. I'll be watching it more closely when I clean it from now on.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I probably own the older Evo here (2013).. don’t know the round count but I shoot it regularly without abuse and I still have to break something..
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these. Probably 5,000 + rounds through it with no issues. It is the sandwich maker's home defense gun.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Around a thousand or so.

There was a post on Reddit from a couple years ago from someone that worked at a very busy range range. He estimated about 3-5 hundred thousand through one of theirs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Around 6k rounds through mine since I got it when they first hit the market (in the US). Lower housing is getting a fair bit of wobble from the upper receiver, some peening on the hammer face and rear of the bolt carrier
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Close to 5k through mine with about a 50/50 split in suppressed and not . I have had zero issues other than one original mag cracked the feed lip off last weekend.

I have shot Tula , Wolf , and a number of other rounds including a few different HP's. No issues.

Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m well over 5k, mostly suppressed…with no parts breakages (or mags needing replaced).

I’m pleased with mine, but with the cost of mp5s being so low, I’d opt for the mp5 instead.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#9]
More or less indefinitely. Think the only receiver I've ever seen finally fail from use was well over 500k. But heat cycles, age , and uv exposure could have had equal parts to play at that point past round count alone. Small parts, springs, barrels, heck even bolts, etc. all will require replacement multiple times over before your receiver will eventually.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Metal on bolt peened over firing pin block, making it always open.  

Only plastic problem was clear mags having feed lips crack.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Not sure on my round count but I’ve had multiple clear factory mags fail at the feed lips. The early Gen ones. The new ones that look like Pmags are fine.

I’ve got mild peening at the hammer and bolt so I probably need to order the reinforced aftermarket part so it’ll (in theory) last indefinitely

I’ve only ever had two malfunctions with it, and they were with Winchester white box 115gr at the height of the pandemic, and happened at the same range trip, so I have to assume it was probably shitty ammo
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a little over 3500 rounds through mine. The only problem i’ve ever had was with a Timney trigger that went full auto at the range one day. After contacting Timney, I shipped it back and they sent me a new upgraded one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a little over 3500 rounds through mine. The only problem i’ve ever had was with a Timney trigger that went full auto at the range one day. After contacting Timney, I shipped it back and they sent me a new upgraded one.
View Quote

Is the Timney worth the money? I have one in my cart and am on the verge of purchasing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#14]
maybe 60-80rds....
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#15]
2-3 k
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Is the Timney worth the money? I have one in my cart and am on the verge of purchasing.
View Quote

Yes. Very good trigger with excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 3:14:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
2-3 k
View Quote

I have 2 timney Ar15 triggers. Really great trigger.

I saw the Timney Cz Scorpion trigger for $169 at Euro optic.
Link: https://www.eurooptic.com/Timney-CZ-Scorpion-275-375lb-Curved-Trigger-SCORPION.aspx?avad=211021_c3285727d&utm_source=35987&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=avantlink
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#18]
At LEAST 25k... replaced the original recoil spring with a nexus the original started gettin soft feelin around the 18k mark (probably softened sooner but got more noticeable) but note I'm shooting mostly handloads and i run them on the hotter end, replaced the factory firing pin block with a nexus and im still runnin my factory bolt... other than a little rounding where the hammer contacts it , my bolt is perfectly fine. No metal damages or wear and no plastic damage other than what looks like a fingernail mark about 0.5mm deep where the extracted brass hit the ramp of the receiver
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Link: https://www.eurooptic.com/Timney-CZ-Scorpion-275-375lb-Curved-Trigger-SCORPION.aspx?avad=211021_c3285727d&utm_source=35987&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=avantlink
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2-3 k

I just have the hbi trigger and springs in mine. That’s a good price for the Timney.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I own a couple Timney Elite triggers for my bolt guns and am a Timney fan for sure.

I don't own nor do I have any experience with the Timney for the Scorpion but I do have the HB spring kit and HB Delta trigger. I'm sure the Timney is great but for the $50 I have into the HB trigger setup I'm completely satisfied.

With that said, personally I don't think the Timney would be worth triple the price of the HB setup for a subgun application.

Obligatory Scorpion pic..
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top