Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2018 7:19:18 PM EDT
Hello all,
I have an existing LLC that I'm considering to convert to an FFL type 1 for doing Cerakote and other minor gunsmithing. I know some other companies one here have a lot of work, actually too much apparently.I would prefer to mail only but may do some FTF also. I have been cerakoting for several years and enjoy doing. I have purchased stripped lowers and I understand the process of transfers between FFL's.  Im not familiar with the transfer process for gunsmithing. So, how does the transfers work when someone sends me a firearm? I would assume I would have to keep a log book?

ETA: Title updated
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, every FFL needs an A&D book. You log the gun in from the customer, and log it back out when you return it to the customer.

You can send the firearm back to them directly, even out of state, with no FFL other than yourself involved.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
So being an FFL you can receive out of state firearms and send them directly back to the sender. So logbook only with no 4473 or NICS check?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So being an FFL you can receive out of state firearms and send them directly back to the sender. So logbook only with no 4473 or NICS check?
View Quote
Yep. No bg check or 4473 necessary if you're working on a customer's firearm, which they sent or hand delivered to you, and you are simply returning it.

If you accept firearms on consignment, or sell a customer a firearm, or are returning a firearm to someone other than the person who shipped it or brought it to you, then 4473 and regular bg check rules apply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top