Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2022 1:57:30 PM EDT
Hey all,
I posted a thread about this in GD and someone suggested that this sub forum might be a good place to look.

As I skimmed the stickyed threads, it seemed like lots of good info, but close to 10 years old and not really much about "home security systems" but rather safes, cameras, and some sensor info/threads.  I have to believe that in the time that's taken place technology has really advanced.

I understand that any "home security system" will have these components, I'm wondering what some of you folks are using, if it's BYO or a commercial system of some type.

What have you found works and doesn't work?

I figured I'd post here because some folks might not see it in GD.

Thx
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
We've got a combination of wireless door sensors, wired motion sensors, plus all of our smoke, heat, and CO detectors are wirelessly tied into the panel.  The wife works for the manufacturer, in tech support, so it was an easy choice.  

Will be adding more motions soon, too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top