Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2020 11:31:24 PM EDT
Home based FFL. No dedicated office, no retail store front. How do yall go about doing transfers with customers? Driveway, garage, home office? Trying to figure out the best way to go about this. I wont have a lot of transfers but I will have a few, so renting an office space isnt what I want to do.

How do yall do it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the transfers I've had from a home based were in an office just inside the front door.

Latest one was a kitchen table, right inside the door.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
<---Dining room table
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Alright cool. Ive got an office in the house just gotta walk through the house a bit. Wasnt sure what the standard was.
Guess for the few I have ill just bring them to my home office.

Thanks yall
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:16:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve done them at the Kitchen table, in the garage, home office, and on the back porch while he bbq’d and I had a beer.  Nothing needs to be formal or fancy, just get it done so we can play with the new toy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:36:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Home based FFL. No dedicated office, no retail store front. How do yall go about doing transfers with customers? Driveway, garage, home office? Trying to figure out the best way to go about this. I wont have a lot of transfers but I will have a few, so renting an office space isnt what I want to do.

How do yall do it?
View Quote

My LGS started at his home. He had a small building, think she shed, with a gun safe and table. Neighbors turned on him because of the traffic, so he got a place down town. He has built it into a thriving part time business.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Pre COVID-19, I did them at my dining room table, which was a straight shot from the front door.  Now, I have moved to a new setup in the garage.  Previously I only utilized the garage for mobility-challenged customers.

Moving forward, I think the garage setup is going to remain the primary spot.....

Most customers seem to prefer the new garage setup.  Probably because getting to the front door involves climbing 18 steps.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#7]
How did you setup your garage? Folding table and chairs or what?

Think garage is my best bet
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Home office, though recently some of my older customers want driveway service.  We schedule those for when it isn't raining.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:32:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Used my home office, available without going through a lot of the house.  Now, with COVID, i'm doing them in the garage.  Will continue that unless it gets too hot.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]
At my old house I used a portion of the basement that had a separate entrance.

At my current location, the house came with a small shed the former owners wife had used for storage of her eBay stuff. A bunch of my regulars spent a couple of weekends running power to the shed, sheetrocking, painting, installing security features, etc. It didn't quite have the feel of an Amish barn raising....

I wish the shed was somewhat bigger,and some of the regulars want me to build out for extra floor space.

At this point after 27 years as an FFL, I think I'm only going to be here for another four years or so. I'd like to take the FFL with me when I leave NYS, but I expect that by then I'll want to be in a part of the country where it's not really possible to have much of a customer base due to low population density. So probably not worth keeping it. We'll see......
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a separate entrance to my basement "gunshop" inside i have my safes, a glasstop display .
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Kitchen table during the winter, pole barn now that the temps are warmer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top